Something Goes Boom

The entire reason why you were at L-Corp on a Sunday evening was because of an emergency meeting that Lena had to attend. She figured it was better to just take the two of you with her so you could head out to dinner once she was done. 

Leon had been hearing his mum talk about a new project that she was working on. He knew it had something to do with lasers and he just knew that he had to check it out.

"Mom! Please lets go try out mum's new invention. You know you want to see what it does."

"No. You know better than to ask. Your mum works with some dangerous things and we've both strictly forbidden you from stepping inside her labs."

A scientist that had been working on Lena's new project had heard the entire conversation and figured what better way to get a promotion than to help his boss' family

"If you don't mind me, Mrs. Luthor, I could help him. I'm part of the team that's helping Mrs. Luthor build it."

Leon got excited to hear this. He turned around, pouting to try to convince you.

"Please mom! I won't touch anything unless he lets me."

You were getting a little annoyed by his constant begging and you figured it was safe with the scientist so you allowed it.

"Fine but listen to him."

He promise and followed the scientist to the lab.

You could see them work on something and so you got curious and headed inside to see what it was.

The scientist had explained the entire process of what they were doing and how it was being built when he suddenly got interrupted by the intercom. Him and his coworkers were called down to the meeting and he left the two of you alone. Telling you that it was completely safe as long as Leon didn't touch anything else.

Leon had been playing with the laser for a while and you figured nothing could go wrong if you stepped out for a few minutes to go to the bathroom. After making him promise that he wouldn't touch anything else, you headed out to go pee.

You weren't even gone 10 minutes when you noticed Leon playing with some of the materials in the lab. You were just about to tell him to stop when suddenly there's a small explosion. Not enough to hurt you or Leon but enough to trigger one of the alarms that Lena had installed after several bombs had gone off in her building. 

Lena had been in the meeting when the alarm went off. She calmly got everyone out as well as herself and although she wanted to get back, security didn't let her. She searched around for her family but couldn't find them. She was worried sick and when security said that there was no threats, she asked them to take her to the lab that the scientists had last seen you in.

"What is it this time? I swear I was just gone for a couple of minutes."

She crossed her arms, raising her eyebrow at you as well as giving you her CEO face. She was pissed now that she realized her family was safe and had also been the reason why everyone was evacuated. 

Leon decided to speak up when he noticed you weren't saying anything. By the time he finished explaining, you were unable to read Lena's expression. It was a mix of a lot of things. 

"I just wanted to make something go boom mum."

Lena looked over to you, and you afraid of what was coming next, fainted.