Toy Story 3

Lena had come home late. She had to deal with an emergency that occurred in one of the labs and hadn't finished until almost 10PM. Noticing how late it was, she rushed home to you, hoping that you wouldn't be upset that she missed movie night. 

She had unlocked the door and made her way inside. Dropping off her things in a nearby table. 

"Babe? Where are you?"

Lena loosed her tie, removing her coat as she walked room to room to search for you. 

You hadn't meant to watch the movie without her but it had just come out and you had been wanting to see it for the longest time that your finger pressed play on its on. 

You regretted it watching it alone as soon as you started crying. It was incredibly sad and you just wished Lena was with you so she could've comforted you. She still hadn't arrived so you curled yourself into a ball and continued watching the movie as you silently cried. 

"(Y/n)...what happened?"

Lena walked over to you, laying down besides you as she held you, not noticing that the movie was playing as you had it on low. 

"They were all going to die, Lena"

You managed to get out before crying even harder.

Lena was confused as to what was going on. She had assumed you had been talking about an alien attack but when she noticed the ending credits of a movie, she finally realized what you were talking about. She had remembered Alex telling her that Kara had cried nonstop while watching Toy Story 3. 

"Love, they're okay. See."

Lena points to the screen so you could see that they were in fact still alive. You briefly glanced at the screen before turning to face Lena. 

"Why didn't you come earlier?"

"I'm sorry. I got held up at work and I just managed to finish almost 30 minutes ago. I didn't mean to run late. I sent you a message."

You turned to face where you had last left your phone, across the bedroom on the ground as it charged. 

"Well you still have to make it up to me."

"I know. I know. We'll have a movie marathon tomorrow."

"I knew I loved you for a reason."

"Mhm. I love you too, babe.'