A Pet Name is Whatever You Make It

Prompt by: Janafo28

Lauren was at that age where she would repeat everything that you and Lena would say. Her lack of understanding words and casually repeating them would always get you in trouble with Lena. So it's why you had been trying so hard to not say any bad words or phrases near her.

Eventually, Lauren loved to repeat any of the pet names that you or Lena would say to one another. It was quite adorable so both you and Lena encouraged it.

One late night, both you and Lena had been arguing quite loud. The fight had gotten quite intense to the point you had both been calling each other names. Since you had both been too invested in the fight, neither of you noticed on the baby monitor that she had been awaken.

Lauren stayed up for most of the fight to listen to the new names and kept repeating then to herself to memorize them. Wanting to use them the next day. When she heard the two of you fall asleep, she fell asleep as well.

A week later and it was your turn to drop Lauren off. She climbed out of the car and turn around to bid you goodbye.

"Have a nice day, you bastard!!! I love you!!"

The color drains from your face but Lauren is still unaware that what she said had been bad. She skips to the entrance of the school, leaving you behind to deal with the judgmental looks and all.

"I promise she has a good home!!"