Stop Looking

It was Lena's annual fundraising gala and you were currently getting ready. Lena had already finished and was just waiting for you to finish up. You had tried to hurry up on getting ready but you had to look absolutely perfect. If you didn't, people would start to criticize you for not looking your best despite being married to a billionaire. 

You had worn a gown that matched with Lena's. You've always loved matching with her as it made you both look like a united front. Lena was more than happy to oblige with your request. She never admitted but she really liked the pictures she would see of the two of you together after a night out. 

You were currently finishing up your makeup but couldn't help but notice Lena looking at you in the mirror. You had ignored it at first but it was blatantly obvious she was looking right at you.

"Quit looking at me, you're making me nervous."

Lena gives you a bright smile and walks over to you.

"I'm sorry, I just can't stop staring at my beautiful wife. I can't believe you're all mine."

Her words made you blush and you hid your face on the crook of her neck as she held you.

"I think maybe we could skip tonight. I would certainly love to spend the night showing you just how beautiful you are."

You leaned in to kiss her and turned around to finish applying your lipstick. Trying to hide how her words had affected you. Any other time and you would have happily stayed but the gala was important.

"Perhaps when we come back. We both look amazing and I want the world to see how beautiful my wife is as well."

"Quite the charmer aren't you, (y/n)."

"That is why you married me, wasn't it."

Lena smiled and gave you a kiss.

"It was one of the reasons.