Story Time

Lena had been in charge of telling him stories while you were in charge of tucking him in and making sure that there were no monsters in his closet or under the bed. 

This time, however, Lena was running late and it was way past Leon's bedtime. You could tell he was trying so hard to stay up for his mum but you knew he was ready to go to sleep.

"Come on, I'll tell you a story"

"Really?!"

"Your mum isn't the only one with good stories."

You chuckled at his excitement and led him to his bedroom where you did the process of checking his closet and under his bed for monsters before tucking him in.

"There was once upon a time, a princess...."

And you began to tell him the story of a princess that had fallen in love with a farm girl. Paralleling your relationship with Lena to the one about the princess and the farm girl. You had just finished telling your story when you noticed that he had already fallen asleep. You couldn't help but laugh over the fact that you had gotten too invested in the story to realize he had fallen asleep.

"That was quite the story."

"Lena!"

You whispered to her, startled over the fact that you hadn't even realized she was standing there.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Since the very beginning. I just wanted to hear what kind of story you would tell. I, for one, am a big fan of the farm girl. She was my favorite character."

You stood up, placing your hands on her waist as the two of you watched Leon sleep.

"Come on, princess. I might have more stories to tell."