Forgotten

It was originally suppose to have taken you an hour to get everything that Lena had asked you but Leon decided to tag along and the trip was taking much longer."

"Leon, honey. We really have to go. Just pick a type of candy and lets go."

"Hold on, mom. I just need another minute ."

You got a call from your secretary about some lost documents that you didn't even bother to check if he was following along to head out. 

The call lasted all the way until you dropped off the last bag on the kitchen counter. 

Lena was still sleeping so you didn't call out for Leon when you noticed he didn't bother to help you out with the grocery bags.

"Leon?" You whispered quietly as you walked all around the house in search for him.

You were just about to give up and call him to see where he was when your phone started ringing with his familiar ringtone.

"Mom? Where are you?"

"What do you mean, where I am? I'm in the kitchen. Where are you?"

"What do you mean, you're in the kitchen? You left me here in the store?!"

You winced and rushed to grab the keys for your car to pick him up.

"Don't get out of the store. I'll be there in a couple of minutes."

You could have sworn it had only taken you a total of 5 minutes to get to the store when you spotted about two carts full of toys, food and other things. 

"No. I'm not getting you any of that. We don't work for you to be buying all this useless junk."

He was stubborn and refused to move. Standing his ground as he gave you the signature look that he had inherited from Lena.

"I'll tell mum that you left me all alone in the store."

"Are you blackmailing me?"

"Just call it me trying to get what I want. Now you can either get me what I want or I'll tell mum."

You sighed and internally cried as you swiped your card to pay for his things. All while muttering things under your breath about how they were both going to be the death of you, no matter how much you loved them.

The two of you had just gotten the last bag out of the car when Lena came out of the room.

"What's all this?"

You turned around to face Leon to try to come up with an explanation but all he did was shrug and head towards his room.

"Mom, said I could have whatever I wanted."

If looks could kill, he would be buried under a pile of dirt.