Are Mum and Mommy Fighting? Part 1

Prompt by: Janafo28

Since Leon had headed off to college, whenever he would come home, he always made sure to dedicate a day entirely to hang out with his little sister.

Their activities for the day included going to the park and getting a hot dog that their mum would refuse to let them eat at times as she said they were far too unhealthy.

"Leon? I think mum and mommy are fighting last night, I think mum hates mommy."

In his entire life, he never heard either of you yell at each other. Both of you made sure to argue whenever he wasn't around to avoid him hearing things. It was just neither of you knew that Leon had occasionally gotten to hear the two of you going at it whenever you thought he was asleep. The noises you two made were enough to wake him up. He had been worried at first but when he learned what it was, he decided to buy a pair of military grade earplugs to never experience the same thing. Unfortunately, it seemed like his sister hadn't been spared. Sure, the two of you waited until late in the night but that didn't work.

"Why? They love each other very much, Lauren."

"Then why were they fighting. I heard furniture being knocked around and then they were even screaming at each other."

Leon sighs and makes and mental note to talk to the two of you so Lauren doesn't experience the same he did when she knows better.

"Uh...I'm sure they love each other. Don't worry."

He made sure to buy her anything she wanted to make up for the fact that she had heard what she did. No child should ever listen to that.