♧Chapter 37: Inner Demons♧

Start from the beginning

Sasuke POV:

After the little show that I put on, I went to take a walk and calm down. I am so stupid...why did I even do that? I let all my anger out on onii-san who was just trying to help. He totally didn't deserve that, but I just felt this rage inside and I couldn't control myself. Maybe the many unslept nights and not eating are finally showing. Damn it, why did I have to be such a jerk. I guess I will just have to apologize when I get back. But first since I am already outside, I might as well go visit Naruto...As usual I went and took a seat by his bed...
"Hey you usturatonkachi. I came to bother you again some more. I really miss you. Today I have been a jerk again and got into a fight with Itachi. If you were here, you would probably be angry at me, too. I haven't been eating or sleeping...I am so afraid of losing you. If it weren't for you I'd be lost. I am so glad you came into my life...but I have  only brought you more suffering, while you made me so happy. But even so I have the audacity to ask of you not to leave me here alone. I can't loose you. I miss us...us I really like the sound of that. I haven't been myself lately either. I am afraid of myself...I might do something stupid. The doctors told me that you might hear me...so if you do hear me then please just wake up already. Kiba is gone and Sakura, too...Gaara, Itachi, Deidera, Shikamaru, Choji etc. ...we all miss you. We need you...heck I need you..." Without noticing it I started crying unconsolably. I put my head on his bed and held his hand giving it a little squish. My eyes widden and heart stopped beating when I felt him squish me back. I ran after a doctor...they immediately rushed in and did a check up on him. They exchanged a look before giving me a pitiful look.
"I am sorry to dissapoint you, but it was just a reflex...nothing uncommon..." he then proceeded to explain to me about it, but I wasn't listening. After they left I decided to go home as well. My eyes were stinging...they must be red and puffy...I feel very weak and don't have much strenght. Even walking home is tiring. I must be pale which means that the fact that I cried is only more obvious. I tried to cover my eyes with my bangs before entering the house. I decided to go wash my face before facing onii-san. Boy, was I wrong. The second I entered the house I saw him sitting, deep in thought...probably waiting for me. I took a deep breath then opened my mouth to speak only to be interrupted:
"Itachi...I am sor-"
"SASUKE...show me your arms and tights right now."
"What?" I looked at him confused.
He looked at me completely terrified of what he might see. That's when I noticed the box that he was holding in his left hand.
"Onii-san...I can explain. Just hear me out...that is not my razor blade. It's Naruto's. It was his first one. He entrusted it to me...and I was waiting for him to get better so we can throw it away together...like you did with me...but then all that Kiba mess happened...I swear I haven't done anything."
He still looked at me suspicious and worried, but his glare somehow soften probably because he must have noticed my eyes. I sighed and took off my hoodie. I was wearing a T-shirt underneath. I showed him my wrists...nothing new just plain old scars. Then I pulled down my jeans and showed him my tights as well...the same story. I pulled my jeans back up and lifted my hoodie from the floor. I have to say that I am a little hurt that he had so little trust left in me...but I understood where he was coming from at the same time. He let out a breath the he probably didn't even know that he was holding.
"I am sorry, Sasu-"
"No, I am sorry onii-san for what I have done earlier. I was angry at myself, not at you. You didn't deserve to be treated like that. Is the offer still available ?"
He looked at me a little surprised and smiled.
"Of course. I'll go heat the food up now."
Just as he was about to leave I asked:
"Uhm Itachi...can I have it back now?" 
"Oh uhm..." he looked at his hand clearly debating what to do "Here you go. Sorry."
"Thanks." I said while walking upstairs to put the box into my desk drawer.

*Half a month later*
3rd person POV:

Sasuke slowly got his act together once more with the help of Itachi. He didn't improve much, but he started eating and spending time with them once more, although he usually barely touched the food or spoke much.
Today they have been called in by the doctors. Sasuke was extremply hopeful, thinking that they had good news for him, oh boi was he wrong.
The doctors only crushed his spirit once again.
They explained to them that his chances of waking up after all this time were 1% and that it was pointless to keep him connected. Sasuke obviously argued with all his high and might. Luckily Itachi believed in the two so he turned down the doctor's offer and managed to get Sasuke one more month. It's been two weeks and a half since then and Naruto still showed no improvement. Sasuke's state worsened if that was possible...he stared into nothingness 24/7 and stopped visiting his lover on a daily basis, sometimes not being able to get out of bed at all. He had literally gotten sick by emotional pain alone. It was crushing him, day by day. He was hurting so bad while other times he was numb af. There was no in between.