♧Chapter 36: Welcome Home ♧

Itachi POV:

I was sleeping comfortably for the first time in a week, when I was awoken by an alarm. At first I ignored it and snuggled closer to Dei.
"Uh...can you make that shit shut up already, Itachi?" he mumbled half asleep. That's when I shoot up. I reached for the phone and turned my alarm off. Deidera opened his eyes, because of my sudden movement that probably took away all the warmth that he had felt up until then. He looked at me confused and a bit worried...
As much as I would love to stay in bed some more and cuddle, I have to get dressed. Visiting hours start in one hour, at 10am. I have to be there, especially today cuz Sasuke might wake up. Well truth to be told this has been my routine ever since they have been in the hospital.
"I'm really sorry for waking you up, Dei. I need to go to the hospital..."
"Can't we cuddle for a little longer...I deserve that at least for being awoken so brutally, un" he whined. I guess the child like him is back. 
"Sorry, love." I joked "Plus either way you need to get to work soon as well."
He pouts then continues a little more seriously 
"I was kidding...I know that it is important for you to be there. I am sure he'll wake up today...so say hi to that brat for me. Sorry for not being able to come with you..."
I give him a smile, then proceed with getting my stuff and go take a shower.
"Can I at least join you?" I suddenly  hear my boyfriend ask, blushing slightly without looking at me. I am definitely taken a little aback by the sudden question. I  mean I am not trying to sound like a total virgin, but now that I think about it, I haven't really been giving much attention to my boyfriend lately...so we haven't done that much together. My cheeks heat up a little as well while I answer on my usual monotone tone
"What you blushing for, perv? It's not like it's the first time we shower together...why ask this time?" I tease 
He crosses his arms somehow insulted. 
"I'm kidding...come on...I don't wanna be late" I say while dragging him by the collar of his shirt after me and then into the bathroom closing the door behind 
"Ita-..."
*Feel free to interpret the situation and  imagine what happens in the shower*

...

(I am sorry I know that I suck at romance scenes. It's totally cringy so without futhermore torturing  you with my cute couple moment attempt...I'll use the magical card...time skip
Itachi: Ya, wow
Deidra:So smooth...un
Sasuke:...
Naruto:...
Everyone: ...
Me: Yeah yeah... I get the message, alright. I'll take a swan dive off a roof, but first I'll finish this ff...so excuse me bEaChEs...)
...

As soon as I arrived at the hospital I went straight to the doctor that is in charge of Sasuke. I don't even have to check in since at this point all the nurses know me...
I knocked at his door then entered the office...
"Good morning, Dr."
"Good morning Uchiha-san. I have good news Sasuke has awoken last night, but since he was very confused and overwhelmed by different emotions he had a panic attack and we had to sedate him. I apologize for not giving you a call earlier, but we had a rough night at the hospital...and our hands were full. He should awaken any minute now...so you can go to him for now, but please let us know when he awakens."
Damn it...I knew I should have stayed by his side 24/7. I was sleeping carefree while he needed me. Fuck. I thanked the Dr. then quickly stood up and walked to his room. I took a sit on the chair by his bed. A few minutes after he started moving and then he immediately shoot up eyes open. His eyes were terrified and confused...and he was looking frantically around the room...
"Sasuke...please calm down. Breath slowly...focuse only on your breathing...I am here now and I'll explain everything." I said on a soft tone, keeping my tears and urge to hug him to death at bay.
When he saw me,  he calmed a little down and started doing as he was told...
"Onii-san...where's Naruto?"
I couldn't keep my cool anymore as I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a hug. A few tears rolled down my face.
I could tell that he was confused at first, but then he hugged back.
"You idiot...how could you be so reckless" I finally say
I eventually broke the hug. His eyes were begging me to tell him about Naruto...since I had no choice, I first filled him in on what has happened to him.
"I see...so I have been in a coma for a week?"
"Yes, I have been so worried...foolish little brother. I failed you as an older brother yet again. I hope you can forgive me..."
"Hn...it's not your fault, idiot. I have gotten myself in that situation. And I would do it again for him...Now please stop avoiding my question and tell me where he is. Is he at school or is he mad at me? Why isn't he here with you..."
I took a breath then continued even though I knew that this was going to break his heart...he already looks like an abandoned puppy...
"You have to promise me that you will keep calm first..I can't have you experience your 3rd panic attack in such a short time."
Now his expession turned into fear...fear of what I might say...having no other choice...I finally told him what happened with Naruto...how he tried to fight Kiba and got stabbed and explained him his medicall condition. His eyes widen showing a mix of emotions pain, fear, anger, guilt. I don't like to see him like this...
"But  he is in a stable condition now...we can go visit him plus you woke up so I'm sure he'll be up in no time... he's a tough kid...you just have to believe in him..."
To my surprise he didn't freak out...he didn't scream...or anything.
"I want to see him now, please..."
"Of course...let me just talk to a nurse they wanted to do a check up on you-"
"I said...that I want to see him now" he repeated  an emotionless expression taking over him.
"Alright, but we still need to talk to a nurse to find out which room he's in since he was moved today."
He just nodded.