♧ Chapter 21 ♧ Gaara's Good-Bye

!!!!Warning!!!!! This chapter contains explicit content about suicide.!!!!

Naruto POV:

Right after school we went to the award ceremony. There were around 25 people, plus the 9 pupils who will read their poem, plus the 3 teachers plus my supporters...hehe...Sasuke and Gaara, plus me. Let's see that is 40 people minus me. 39, dattebayo. Okay, I can pull this off. I just have to focus and not start stuttering or messing up. Who knows maybe I can make everyone here acknowledge me.

....Time skip because I don't want to bore you guys....

As soon as the gathering ended, I made my way to Sasuke and Gaara.

"How was it, dattebayo?"

"That was actually good, dobe. I am impressed."

"Yeah, good job, Naruto."

"Thank you, dattebayo. Let's go get ice-cream. My treat."

....

Gaara POV:

"See you, tomorrow, Gaara."

"Bye."

"Yup, cya." I said while walking away. I am so glad that I met those two. I finally understand the meaning of the word friend. Maybe...just maybe...I could somehow make my family accept me as well.

As I was walking walking home I was gazing at the sky. What a nice day. I actually can say that I kind of feel happy...

....

When I got home I went straight to my room as usual. I threw myself on the bed and then pulled my headphones out. I put my playlist on shuffle and closed my eyes while listening to each lyric.
I felt really thirsty so I decided to get some water...from what I know I'm supposed to be alone so I didn't bother sneaking. Just as I was about to go back to my room I accidentally ran into Kankuro and spilled all the water on him while the glass fell on the floor and shattered.
"WHAT THE FUCK...."
I decided to try and be nice...I don't want them to fear me.
"I'm sorry..." I said shyly.
He seemed surprised at first but then he kinda got courage and continued
"You better be you fucktard. Now I have to change my cloths. I'll be late because of you. Can you just fuck off?" he yelled at me and every word hurt.
I apologized again. When I looked up to him I noticed Neji next to him.
"Come on Kankuro...stop bitching around. It's just some water. Go change already. It was an accident."
I looked at him surprised. Did he just defend me?
"Uh...whatever. I'll be right back"
After he left I just stood there confused.
"Are you okay?" Neji asked
"What?"
"Did u hurt yourself?"
"Oh, no no I'm fine."
Then the cleaning lady came and cleaned my mess. I tried to do it myself, but yeah.
As I was about leave Neji spoke again.
"Btw...are u really okay? I mean u looked pretty beat up awhile ago..."
"Yeah, I'm fine..." with that being said I immediately went back to my room, threw myself on the bed and put my headphones back in.
I wonder what Naruto and Sasuke are doing. I am 100% sure that  they'll end up together.
Of fuck...this doesn't take my mind off Neji...uhh why do I even like that guy? I don't even know him...the truth is I once overheard him having a conversation with the others about how his goal was freedom and ya know deep shit like that...even though the others weren't even listening to him...from that day on I started having an interest in him. Uhh...how stupid.

Naruto POV:

After Gaara, Sasuke and I had some ice-cream we parted ways. I am so happy to have such cool friends. At the store we even met Shikamaru and Choji and we talked a little with them. Things are really getting better. 

...

As soon as we got home, we were greeted by Deidara.

"What's up, kiddos?"

"Hey Deidera." I smiled brightly

"Hi." Sasuke added "Where's onii-san?"

"He had to go to the office, but he left me instruction to make dinner andd since I am not a chef like him...let's order pizza. But let's keep it a secret, un."

Sasuke and I started chuckling. Honestly Itachi is like a combination of an overprotectiv mom and a dad while Deidara is like a cool older brother.

"Yaya...pizza, dattebayo, but...wouldn't ramen be better?"

"No" Deidera and Sasuke answered at the same time.

"Huh? What do you guys  have with ramen?"

They sweat-dropped while looking at each other. I sighted and then dropped the subject.

...

After we ate, I went to take a bath and I started thinking about my past and my present and this world in general. I looked at my scars and recalled some awful memories, but then I thought about Sasuke and calmed down. I also ran my finger across my self inflicted scars and couldn't help but think how stupid of me to do this to myself. Now I will be stuck with them forever. What if people will judge me just because of them...It's funny how I now regret them even though yesterday I almost did it again...

Back to Gaara POV:

I was sitting on my bed, eyes closed and music in my ears. Suddenly I felt a grip around my neck and the next second I was thrown on the floor.

My headphones and phone fell somewhere on the floor out of my reach. I looked up confused and was shocked to notice my father.

"F..father?"

What is he doing here? Fuck...don't tell me he's drunk and nobody is home. He won't go easy on me. I have to get out of here or else...too late. I was kicked and punched in the stomach.

"The fucking contract failed. Damn it. And now you will pay for it." He stepped on my phone breaking it.

"But f..father..why?Please don't..."

"Why... why ? Because it's all your fault. It always was and it will always be. Why did you have to be born? "

I had no answer for that. I have been asking myself the same question for all  my life, but I couldn't  come up with an answer. Suddenly he started kicking me while I was down, from both sides. At this point I didn't even care or feel something. My body went numb. My mind went blank. When I came back to it, my father looked at me with those hateful eyes.

"You're lucky for having school tomorrow. I didn't touch your face so make sure to cover up your body."

That being said he just left. He just left me there in the darkness. I didn't even have enough strength to get up. That's it. I can't. I can't do this anymore. It's too much. It's not like anyone would miss me. Who would care about a freak like me? I don't even know why I stayed alive for so long. I crawled to my bed and  then I laid my back against it. I pulled up my sleeves then took out my razor blade. I brought it to my arm and hesitated to cut. Tears started rolling down my eyes. I tried reaching for my phone. The display was cracked but it was still working.

Naruto, Sasuke...thank you and I'm sorry. Liv on. Good-bye.  

That's all I could think of. I  just didn't really have anything else to say. I threw my phone away and then without a second thought, I cut one vertical line along each wrist. Blood started pouring, more than it ever has. My vision started to blur  and I was in so much pain, but at least I know that it will be over soon. I guess that this is it. This is the end...maybe now I can finally be happy.