Chapter 81: Seriously?

Nightmares POV some days later

Things have been good. Nothing has really happened. I've been hanging out with everyone, making sure they're happy. Cross has been hanging out with Dream more often which is good. It even seems like Dream is starting to get a soft spot for Cross as well.

I let Error and Dust know about the incident at the castle and they thanked me for telling them. Sure they went solo but they still care and at this point, it seems we're in this together in a way against the same enemy.

But while all that is happening, I've been sneaking off to the shack and hanging out with Killer. Each time I bring him food, bandages, clean clothes or something he needs. He thanks me, though doesn't ask for anything. There, we talk and hang out for hours that seem to be endless. I've found myself feeling happier with him and we've grown close. The feeling in me gets stronger each time but I deny it. It's not real. It's not important. It's not love. He's just a friend. Those kinds of excuses. I find that I can't stay longer than 4 hours each visit or Dream will call or text getting worried. And if I leave him worried, people will get suspicious. But that amount of time has been cut in half. Why? Because after two hours, I begin to turn to my passive form. There have been plenty of close calls when I am about to enter or leave. This feeling is responsible. I get the heck out of there when that happens, excusing myself to go take care of something. He doesn't question a thing. But when I return to Dream and the others, I excuse the secret visit as just some solo training time. They don't question anything either. Cross was gonna be told by Error, says Error himself. I don't mind.

But one day, I had enough of this strange feeling. I want help. Or to know what it really is. I go to Dream. He's alone in our room, which makes things easier.

"Hey...Dream? Can I ask you something? About a feeling?"I ask

He looks at me. For a split second he smirks but then smile went away.

(Dream's trying to play it cool as if he hasn't known this whole time)

"What makes you think I can ID the feeling?"He asks

"Because it's positive."I say

He smiles again, seeming excited. He shuts the door behind me and we sit on a bed together.

"So what is this feeling like? What does it cause?"He asks

"Well....It's warm and good, positive. It causes my soul to beat faster, my face to warm and I morph back into my passive whenever I feel it. It makes me think of people and want good to come to them. It also makes me feel awkward and nervous around them. What is the meaning of it?"I explain

He leans in close and smiles at me. I cross my arms.

"Awww, you are in love! You love someone!"He says, smiling

"W-What? What do you mean love?"I ask

Just great. My suspicion was right.

"You're in love! You love someone like Ink and Error do to one another!"He says

I feel my face warm.

"No! It isn't! It can't!"I say in denial

"Brother, I've known the whole time."He says

My face burns brighter and I panic. He knows? About Killer? The shack? What?!

"What do you mean?"I ask

"Ever since you came in from that patrol after dinner a few days ago, I've known that you fell for someone. I sensed it. It was the strongest thing I've sensed from anyone in my life!"Dream says