Chapter 4: Bonding In the Void!

At first, keeping Ink in the void wasn't easy. And it wasn't because I hated him as my enemy or was awkward with socializing. No, no, no. And it wasn't because of my phobia. No. I had that still but I no longer hated him as much. I had talked with him before making the decision after all. It was because Ink was losing his emotions that he had left since I didn't give him the vials yet. Also Ink thought I was planning something.

But, after I gave him his vials back and he waited a while with nothing done or no sign of Nightmare and his gang, Ink decided to trust me again. At least that's what it seemed. We talked and talked for what seemed like hours without end. He used his newly fixed broomie, which I had used my strings to put together, to refill his vials, but surprisingly, never to attack. I showed him my puppets, which he actually understood and didn't call them dolls like Blue's done. He showed me his drawings and I even watched him draw sometimes. We actually got along. It hardly seemed to me like we were enemies anymore, but I denied it. He soon dozed and I took this as a chance.

I open a portal and tied him with my strings, softly cocooning him. I look at the gateway I've made. Gotta keep doing my job. Nightmare and his gang may get suspicious. The Star Sanses may as well. I may get suspicious of myself. I'm not called an AU destroyer for nothing. I step through the gateway and begin my work.

After destroying at least 8 AUs, I returned just in time for Ink to wake up. I lower him and untangle him before he was fully awake, making him clueless to any of my actions. He looks at me and smiles. He then noticed something and narrows his eyes.

"WhAt's WR0ng, InK?" I ask

"Your hood is torn. It wasn't like that before. Did you destroy some AUs?"Ink replies

"OnLy oNe 0r tWo..."I lie

Surprisingly, he didn't get mad or give me some hero rant. He simply sat up, holding his healing arm carefully and sighs, then smiles.

"That's fine. I kinda expected you to do that at some point. I bet you have an urge to destroy just like I have an urge to create."Ink says

I was silent. He was right. But I couldn't let him know he verbally won. I then came up with something.

"SAys THe 0ne wh0 I sAw eRaseD a cHarActEr's EYe At One p0int in a do0DlE. ThAt's deSTr0yiNg in A wAy. S0 mUch f0r hAVinG aN uRge t0 cREate, sh0rTie.~"I tease

Ink frowns. His eyeholes went dark, no eye lights. Then his usual yellow star and teal oval eye-lights appeared.

"One, I recreated after it, though you're right. Two, you're one to talk. You destroy AUs, take souls or characters with your strings. Yet, you make puppets. You create. Third, I'm average height, excuse you. I'm not a shortie! I'm as tall as any normal Sans! What do you have to say now?"Ink cleverly states as a comeback.

"Pfft. Hahahaha! Okay, okay. You'rE rIgHt. BUt y0u s0uNd s0 mUch lIKe BlUe. If y0u're avErage hEight, h0w COme i'm taALler tHan yoU?"I ask

"Fair enough. Let's agree to disagree on the height topic."Ink states

"0kaA, Fine....sh0rTie."I say jokingly

Ink shakes his brush at me, threatening to whack my face, which I knew he wouldn't. Besides, his healing wound caused him to lower it. I walk a little bit away from him and open a peekhole into one of my favorite AUs to watch after destroying others. UnderNovela. I basically let him do whatever while watching a new UnderNovela timeline unfold. After a bit, I forgot about Ink, hooked on the timeline. I was soon reminded of his presence, though.

"Hey, Error?"Ink says, with a teasing tone that I didn't feel was a good thing.

"WhAt?"I ask

I shut the peekhole and turn my skull to look at him. I froze. My eye lights shrank.