Chapter 35: Pirates and Theft

I had dozed after that to be honest. I woke up after who knows how long. I gaze at the puppet and smile. I nuzzle my head against it and purr. This was all gonna be over soon. Best part, I haven't heard from those stupid kids or Gaster since what I heard with the portal and regain my strength. I peek through a hole to see a Gaster Blaster soar right above the lid. I watch some more and see that it was circling the area, with someone on it. I try to see who it is but they grow too far away for me to see. I take a risk and slide the lid off slightly to see my surroundings better.

Dark clouds were coming, soon overhead. The waves were no longer so gentle. I gaze around and see the person on the Gaster Blaster in the distance, but couldn't make anything out of them. I watch as they make their search closer again. Soon, they came close enough for me to see them. It was Dust. Then I hear him speak.

"Hey, Error. Just updating ya on my progress. I've searched the AU land parts to see if the cat washed up there, but there was no sign. Now I'm searching the ocean and found a ton of boxes. Heh, seems only one in a hundred chance of finding him here. I'll tell you if I see anything."Dust says

"OkAy.  ThAnKs, DuSt. I'Ll cOmE t0 heLp aS sOon aS I fiNiSh sEaRcHiNg tHiS oNe."Error says

I guess they were on a call. And Dust was right, there were a bunch of boxes on the surface of the ocean. I heard thunder crack, quickly scaring me. I pull the lid shut and curl around the puppet tightly. More thunder boomed and I saw lighting crack. The waves were getting worse. Suddenly, the box flips over, the lid flying off and I fall into the water. I grip the puppet tight and held my breath. Wave after wave hit me and I was knocked underwater. I shut my eyes and hold my grip on the puppet while containing my breath. It doesn't help being a cat in this situation. I feel something grab one of my legs and I yelp in fear. I only manage to release all my breath underwater. I begin to panic as I'm dragged deeper underwater. I kept my eyes shut and hold on the puppet.

Soon, I felt a hand on my head.

"Another Ink? But you're not supposed to be a cat Ink. Something must've happened. Let me help."a voice says

I open my eyes to see another Ink. Except they were a merperson, merskeleton even. They held me gently and brings me through the stormy water. I shut my eyes.  I felt sand under my paws soon. I open my eyes again to see that I'm on land. I cough up any water that got in me. He seems to be having a rough time. How about we help? A voice said. It was Change's. What was that supposed to mean? I look around and see a soul come through a portal. The soul comes at me and I try to run, hissing and shrieking in fear. Not this again! I'm not taking that cursed soul!

"Oh no! A cursed soul! Here, I'll take care of that one!"The other Ink says, knowing most Ink Sanses don't have souls and for one to get chased by a soul is bad.

They grab a drifting stick and throw it at the soul, causing it to break. I stop running and let out a sigh of relief. I look at this AUs Ink and smile, giving a nod of thanks. I come towards them again and they pat my head. I blink for a simple moment and then I was back to a skeleton. This Ink hands me a shirt and pants. They were ragged, but they'll work. I put them on.

"So, what did happen?"they ask

I try to speak but only meows come out. You're kidding me! I begin to write an explanation in the sand instead. It would be best for them to know of those kids and the threat they pose in case they come here. Once I finished writing, they read it and nods.

"I've seen some other Inks coming here to escape those kids. They usually were also escaping cursed souls sent after them. Thank you for finally being one that gave me info about them besides 'kids who are bad' and 'what were we talking about?' If you need help especially with this storm, there's some folks on this land that can help you. Like a nice pirate named...hmm...oh, right! Error! Best not to speak. If you need anything, come here."The Ink says