~Chapter 26~

Natsu's Point of View
I was shocked by the words Yūrei said. "Is it true that they're family? What happens between them? Why hasn't Yūrei told (Y/n) when she first came?"

"You must be having a lot of questions going on in you're head." Yūrei broke me out of my thought. I nodded my head slightly. Yūrei sighed and looked at the framed photo and picked it up. "Yeah I have a lot of explaining. That day (Y/n) has probably told you about it. About our parents and "my" death, well at least what she thinks."

"What do you mean by 'what she thinks'? Why are you telling me this now and not tell (Y/n)? Wait, you knew (Y/n) was being bullied?" I questioned.

"The thing is Natsu is that it wasn't me that was in the car crash with our parents...it was (Y/n). That day our parents asked us if we wanted to go on vacation with them, sense it might be a long while till we can go on vacation as a family. And like you said (Y/n) knew that my parents and I knew she was being bullied and that we did nothing about it, she was still angry about it but she decided to still go because she wanted to forgive us. I was furious about how our parents could just act all nice and friendly to her even though they know what they did was wrong. And how (Y/n) could just smile and forgive us, it made me disgusted just seeing how they were acting so I didn't go. Our parents tried getting me to go, but it made me more furious and I said things that wish I had never said. They gave up and decided to let me stay home, but hours after they left I kept getting a call and decided to answer it. That was when I found out they were in a accident."

"Wait but (Y/n) said that she was the one that stayed home and got the call. But you're saying that you were the one that..." I was losing my words in confusion.

Yūrei mood became very tense like her emotions were about to not handle it but I still had questions I wanted answered so I stayed quiet and continued listening. Yūrei then continued.

"After that they were all at the hospital. The doctors told me that our parents didn't make it, but (Y/n) still has a pulse. They allowed me to see her, she was covered in bandages lying on the hospital bed. I looked at her and then started saying to her that 'I should have went with you guys, that I shouldn't have yelled and acted at you that way, I should have stood up for you (Y/n). After a week or so (Y/n) was getting better, she didn't have memory of the accident. But when I went in to see her she said she didn't recognize me, she said she knows she has a sister and how she looks but that I didn't look anything like her. I was shocked I went to a bathroom in the hospital to get myself some space to myself. My emotions went everywhere. I didn't know why this was happening, then I looked myself in the mirror and then realized that I deserve this after what I've done. I promised myself after that even if (Y/n) doesn't recognize me I'll make sure to try to protect her and make sure her life is better than what it was before the accident. After that I went back towards (Y/n) room. I then heard crying and saw through the window of the room that (Y/n) was the one crying. The doctor came out and explained to me that they told (Y/n) about the accident, but she thinks that I was the one in the accident. Even though she doesn't recognize me, she thought I was in the accident. I was so speechless, but I then told them that it's okay.

Our aunt and grandmother then came to visit, our grandmother was furious after I told them about the accident and how (Y/n) doesn't recognize me. She never seemed to be fond of (Y/n) for some reason that I don't even know. But she then hurried to (Y/n) room and started to yell and blame her for everything making (Y/n) cry. When my aunt and I heard (Y/n) crying we ran to the room. We saw (Y/n) huddled to the wall with our grandmother towering towards her yelling. I pulled my grandmother from getting closer to (Y/n) and our aunt quickly went and held (Y/n) to protect her. I got our grandmother out of the room, she was still yelling blame (Y/n). I then yelled at her about how she doesn't know (Y/n) has been through and what she is going through. I told her to never come near (Y/n) again. And sense then she didn't bother (Y/n). Our aunt then went to speak to me after she was able to calm (Y/n) down.

I told our aunt that it's okay that (Y/n) won't recognize me and that I didn't want her to recognize me, that I wanted to start a fresh start with her and still protect her. She was okay with that so we decided that my aunt will schedule her work so she can take care of (Y/n) and homeschool her for a year at the house she lives in right now with my aunt and that that after (Y/n) has been homeschooled for a year that she'll go to Fairy Tail High. She said that I will live in her house for the time being and I will also go to Fairy Tail High for the year (Y/n) was being homeschooled so I can make friends and blend in so people won't be able to quickly find out about us being siblings. Our aunt was able to get my name changed a little so people won't recognize our last name either."

Yūrei had tears rolling down her eyes. "And sense then even though (Y/n) went through a bit of things when she first came here I'm glad she was able to have a better life then before, that she stands up to her issues more, and make great friends. I'm especially glad she was able to meet you Natsu. So that's everything I can really say then if there are any other questions you want to ask." Yūrei started to wipe her tears away.

I was shocked by the whole thing I didn't know what to say, but I managed to say something. "S-So that's why you are doing all of this for (Y/n)." Yūrei nodded her head. Then I realized how she must feel to not be able to protect (Y/n) from the accident. Tears rolled down me face. "Yūrei I'm sorry I couldn't protect (Y/n) from the crash."

Yūrei looked up and saw the tears on my face. She looked at me and then said, "It's okay Natsu I know that you are already worried about (Y/n) condition I don't want you to be sorry to me okay. I just want (Y/n) to be safe and happy again. So promise me that you will also you will also make her happy and safe."

I looked at her smiled and wiped my tears. "I will promise that I will always make sure (Y/n) is happy and safe. I also promise to always be by her side."
"Thank you." Yūrei smiled great fully. "And Nastu can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?" "You really like (Y/n) don't you?" I started to blush. "What do you mean?" Yūrei giggled at how I reacted. "So you said your name was changed so what was it before." I quickly change the subject.

"Oh yeah my name. I really just kept my first name and made it my last name and made a new first name. So my name was Yūrei (L/n)." I looked at the time and saw that it was getting late. "It's starting to get late I should get going I said, thanks again for telling me everything Yūrei." "Yeah it's no problem. I think it was at least best that you know what is between me and (Y/n)."

We said our goodbyes after and I left to my car. I looked at my phone looking at my lock screen with the image of me and (Y/n) and smiled.

"(Y/n) I hope you wake up soon. After hearing about you're past what you and Yūrei have been through before you met everyone. I can't wait till you wake up so I can hold you in my arms. And so I can finally tell you what I have been wanting to say to you for awhile.

***

Hey guys hope you had a good time and enjoyed reading this chapter if you liked the chapter you can share, comment, and vote. I hope you guys have a great day , stay safe, and healthy. And I'll see you guys next chapter.

Bye ;3