Delphine chapter 6

Reached 200, so here it is!!!! Chapter 6!!! Hope you like the surprise :\ the rest is coming next chapter :) :) :D :D :) :) 

CHAPTER 6:

WTF I GOING ON

The next few days got pretty hectic for me, considering the accident with the spoon and all. Seriously. It was just a spoon. I didn't see way Mrs Pinch had to make all these calls to check whether she should punish me or not. Eventually she heard orders from the top to let me go unpunished, but she made sure to scowl at me every time she saw me. Her and Taylah both.

And I still had that note the geek gave me to read: but try as I might, I couldn't. Not only did the paper smell mouldy and gross, but whoever wrote it was really in need of a few handwriting lessons. The whole thing was next to illegible. I sighed.

Weird things have been starting to happen: it freaks me out.For one, Andrew was acting weirdly. Even for Andy. His sense of humour had diminished to the size of his brothers brain, and he was always distracted. Dan, on the other hand, was having no such troubles. He was going around attached at the hip to Thomas, which never failed to piss me off. The good and optimistic mood that I had over the last few weeks died.

After a  few more weeks I noticed something else that was out of the ordinary. There were no new people. A new person always comes exactly every month, and it had been over 2 months since the last newbe arrived.

Mrs Pinch tightened security. You heard me right: she tightened security. I'll let that sink in a bit.

This was not good news, because A. Since when does she care about us enough to tighten security?

B. I had an hunch the new security wasn't to keep us in: it was to keep someone out.

But that's just my paranoid self speaking. I'm sure its nothing, I thought. As the days passed, I started to change my mind.

No one really noticed much, the new security system. It only really involved everyone on the oval sticking together, migrating only from our camping site next to the back steel exit doors to the breakfast/lunch/dinner hall. The tests stopped. The discussions stopped. The food was running out. None was coming in.

I was scared.