CHAPTER 98

[DARSHAN]

I flexed my arms and sat on my bed. There was a coffee mug on my side table.

May be Nitin.

He completely knows how badly I need coffee on days as such. I gulped down the coffee as fast as I could. I went into the washroom and freshened up myself. Grooming myself up for a completely normal day, I pushed my phone into my pocket and started walking in the corridors.

Weddings. Weird, how weddings might mark the completion of one's aim of love and along with it, it might bring out new love stories or bring out the deep buried love stories.

I was passing by the kitchen when I spotted chachi, Aditi and Tara. Aditi and chichi surrounded Tara.

I went in and asked, " What happened?".

"Tara cut her finger while cutting vegetables. Darshan, stay here to help Aditi just for a few minutes while I go and bandage Tara's finger", chachi said and before I could even nod, she hurried.

I stood by the gas with Aditi where the pan of vegetables lay along with a steel lid. She turned around to cut vegetables.

"So what help do you need?", I asked rubbing my palms.

"If you stay quiet, it would be a great help", she said giddily.

I chuckled to myself. She cut her finger. Blood oozed out. And before I could help her wash it, she went to the pan to take out the lid which resulted in the swelling of her cut. I tried to help her but she sided me.

I can never know what she wants. Or maybe I already know.

Aunty came in and asked me to go. I didn't even get a chance to say to chachi about Aditi.

I walked out of the kitchen where I bumped into Nitin who was carrying two boxes.

"What are these?", I asked motioning towards the boxes.

"Boozes", he replied wryly.

"Be careful then. Your parents might catch you", I warned him.

"Isliye chat par le jaa raha hoon", he replied and went upstairs.

I don't know why I came here. It is so boring. I went into the garden where the mandap and the stages were being readied. The flower arrangements were just amazing. In a few moments, I could see Aditi come out of the house. She had a top knot with flocks f hair flying around in wind.

She stopped on seeing me. I passed on a smile and she returned the gesture. Reluctantly, she came my way.

"Good Morning", she greeted.

"After everything that happened yesterday all you want is to say good morning?", I tried to play a little with her.

Her face fell. "See Darshan, everything that happened yesterday was a mistake. That shouldn't have happened. So, I am sorry for everything.", she said frustrated. She rubbed her eyes out of frustration.

"You are really sorry for everything that happened yesterday?", I asked as she looked at me wide-eyed.

"Umm. Yeah. Sorry", she said.

"Aditi. How long do you want to be explained?", I sighed out of frustration and ran a hand through my hair.

"What?", she scrunched her nose and crocked her eyebrows up.

"You can't be that naïve, can you? Why can't you understand? Our destiny wants us together. That is why whatever might happen... we always meet up. Why can't you clearly understand like the moon and sky, we can't be separated? Why can't you understand that just like water and fish, we both don't have a life without each other?", I sighed out.

She looked at me open-mouthed and wide-eyed.

She gulped in hard and said, "But Darshan... Isn't it already late?"

"Aditi", I clutched her arms, "we haven't begun.... so it isn't late"

Next, she hugged me close and I could feel her warm tears seep through my shirt.

"I love you", she murmured. "I love you too", I murmured back.

"We love you both", came a voice from back. Tara and Nitin.

Aditi's smile faded and I could understand what it was for. Before she would assume things we cleared up, "Adi... we had this whole act on just for you. If you can't respect Darshan enough for this... Then how are you ever going to accept good things like him?", Tara said.

"I am sorry for that...", she said as her voice faded.

I was happy for she was back. Back to me. We had our names carved in each of our souls. So, once anyone was lost, the universe returned it back to the other.

// So guys... This is not the END. Ek proper happy ending toh dena hi hai ise. So. And guys please read my new story "The Diary Of Monsoon" which is out now. Do read it and vote for it.//