CHAPTER 11

[Aditi]

At nearly 1, I left the restaurant and I saw him standing in front of the restaurant. After seeing me he waved, so did I. I walked to him and he walked me back home. Suddenly he asked me, "Did you have ur dinner? ". "Yeah... I suppose ", I said showing my beer bottle. "Is it supposed to be something to eat? ", he said sarcastically. "No... But it surely fills it empty stomach.. ", I said in the same tone. "So when r u coming back to college? ", he said. "U must be knowing.... Day after tomorrow.... ", I answered. It was like we were holding a KBC quiz for each other. "Can I ask something? ", he said. "I thought you were doing it since the start.... Go ahead", I said and he chuckled. "Why do u always stay alone? ", he asked. "Actually I don't like crowds, noise and craziness.... Moreover I am happy with the stars, the moon and the dark sky... This has always taught me one thing that, how dark it life may be there are people like stars trying to brighten u and make u beautiful and there is always a moon who makes the emptiness and darkness in ur life worth it.... ", I said as he kept listening to my crazy words. My head suddenly started to spin and I don't know what happened next coz the next thing I saw was Darshan sitting beside me and asking me if I was okay.....

[Darshqn]

Her words were so beautiful. I never expected her to say something like that. I didn't know that she was so philosophical. Was I falling for her? I kept listening to her words like those words were eternities. Suddenly something happened to her as she fell on my arms. I just slapped her cheeks slightly and called her name but she didn't respond. She had fainted. I held her in my arms and headed to the city hospital. My cousin sister Sheena was a doctor there. She examined her and then she said, "It's nothing to worry... She is just exhausted and so she is weak... She didn't have enough food as to match her working level". My heart dropped. She handed me a piece of paper with prescribed medicines on it. I went to the medical store and bought them as Sheena fed her the medicines. I sat by her nearly after 1 long hour, she opened her eyes as I sprang to her and asked, "Are you okay? ". I was just asking her when Sheena came in. "Oh... U woke up.. Darshan just go out for a moment ", she said and I obeyed. After a while she came out and said me, "Darshan, is she even a human? ". "Means?? ", I asked confused as I had literally no idea what she was talking about. "She is living only upon a cup of tea or coffee and beer.... Working from morning 4.30 to nearly night 1.30 or 2.30... That is just 2 hours of sleep... I am really astound after getting the report", she said disappointed. This is what I expected and thought but I didn't want it to be true. But it is true. "Please feed her something now... ", Sheena said. I brought her some broccoli soup while she was lying back on her bed. Seeing me she was springing up when I said, "Stay there... Stay there". Looking at me and then the broccoli soup she asked, "Are u hungry at night 3?" . I answered, "It's not for me , it's for u". "What?! But.... ", she was saying something when I cut her up and said, "But what?? Sheena Didi has told to feed u something or else u will fall off again." and again she tried to say something while I said, "Don't try to say something... Just open ur mouth". She obeyed and I fed her just like a baby....
[Aditi]

He was feeding me just like my mom used to when I used to refuse to eat. It was bringing tears to my eyes which I was pushing back again and again. It was not easy but somehow I managed not to break down. To make me feel lighter I asked him, "Who is this Sheena Didi? " and he replied, "Sheena Didi is my cousin sister and a doctor here... ". "Ohh", I said. "BTW no one from ur family came to see you?? ", he asked. I knew why no one came. Ruksar chachi and Manvi must be sleeping while Manohar chacha must be at work. I kept quiet and he said, "R u the adopted one in the family? " and chuckled. He thought it a joke but actually it was the truth. I kept quiet again. I was feeling something weird. God knows what is happening......