CHAPTER 2

I went ahead of the crowd to find Ray, the bully of the college, trying to bully a boy. I guess he is the new boy. Ray was disturbing him for his innocent and nerdy looks. I and Ray were not enemies but I had bet him several times for bullying and we never had a conversation also. I tapped his shoulder from back. He turned around and got a punch from me. I didn't say anything and his nose started bleeding. He was going away when 3 to 4 of his new friends came to smack me. I guess they were unaware of me. One by one they all got hit and Ray took them to the sick ward. No one in the college dares to talk to me even though I hit them like anything. The new boy picked up his books and chipped a "Thank you " and I ignored it. The crowd had left already. I was going away when he came running behind me and asked "Hey, please can you lead me to the principal's office? ". I turned around and said "Follow me". He followed me and I left him in front of the principal's office. "Here it is! ", I said went away. After some time it was the time for my first class. I sat in my usual place, all alone with my books when I heard a familiar voice asking, "May I sit with u? ". I looked up to find the same boy. I nodded a yes. It had been nearly 5 to 6 years since someone sat beside me willingly. I felt a bit weird and uncomfortable but it was okay I guess. "Darshan Raval", he said lending his hand towards me. "Aditi Verma", I said shaking hands with him. I didn't want to talk but from his gestures it seemed like he was a total talkative person. I tried to ignore all of his talks when he at last said, " I think u don't like to talk much". "Actually I don't talk much with people", I answered and he forced a smile. Soon the lecturer came and started teaching. He was quiet all the time. I guess he also started disliking me, like everyone else. Of course I took the step, now I shouldn't blame him...