CHAPTER 19

[Aditi]
The rest of the day was peaceful for me. I was feeling relaxed. Maybe he was right. I shouldn't hold so much to myself. But there are a few things which we must keep to ourselves. Like always, he came to walk with me. "U know what, I have always seen u either angry or smirking but a very few times I have seen u laughing and today for the first time I saw u crying. How r u so unbothered about ur emotions? ", he said. "Well.... I am not a emotional person.... Just a few times when I can't hold on any more I break down ", I replied casually. "And laughing? ", he prompted me. "I don't know when or how I laugh. It just comes out", I replied monotonously. "No... It doesn't... ", he said sarcastically. "Why are we talking about all this, by the way?", I asked. He smiled as his hair fell upon his face. It was a struggle for me to hold back from not moving them from his face. His tantalising eyes were covered. "Will u like to meet Manohar chacha and Ruksar chachi? ", I asked. He furrowed his brows and asked "Now? ". I replied, "Yes, why? ". "If u don't have any problem then I too don't have any problem.", he shrugged. And I took him to where I lived. Making way from the shabby staircase, I knocked the door. "They are awake? ", he asked. "May be... May not be", I shrugged. Suddenly, Manohar chacha appeared from behind the door holding the door wide open. He moved his gaze at me once and then at Darshan. "Chacha, he is Darshan, my college friend", I said introducing him. "Namaste chacha", he said with his ever cheerful tone. "Namaste beta. Why are you standing outside? Come in.. ", he said stepping backwards, gesturing us to get inside. He sat on the little couch whereas Manohar chacha sat in front of him. "Ruksar, bring some tea for Darshan", he said. "Do you have any other friends rather than these guys? ", she taunted me and I looked at Darshan passing a awkward smile. "Ruksar, u don't have to be this hard. Just go and make some tea... ", Manohar chacha said softly. And as she disappeared in the kitchen, Darshan asked, "Chacha u r a Hindu and chachi is a Muslim. How did u guys come up with each other? ". This was a question that I never thought of asking them. Chacha replied, "Love marriage. There was a masjid near a temple back in Varanasi. I would go daily to the temple to see her and she would come to the masjid to see me. Later on we confessed our love. The society did protest against the marriage but we did what we wanted. And after years we are here ", he said. "And today we are suffering ", Ruksar chachi said coming out of the kitchen. "Why? Aren't you happy living with me? ", chacha asked romantically. "Hey, don't say that in front of the kids..", chachi said. "Hey, they are not kids, they are in college now. They are in the age of falling in love", he said and I and Darshan looked at each other awkwardly.

"Beta, show him ur room", Manohar chacha insisted. "Chacha, is it needed? ", I asked. "Of course it's needed since I came to ur house for the first time ", he said and chuckled. I couldn't argue but I hoped that he wouldn't see what I didn't want him to see. I pushed open the door of my room and he entered with much enthusiasm. He looked around and said, "U have only this much possessions? Then u can shift anywhere, anytime ", he joked and he himself laughed at it. Just then Ruksar chachi called me down and I stranded him alone in my room.

[Darshan]
I was alone in the room, so I decided to look over her room CAREFULLY. She didn't have any secret place to hide anything so it was clear that she used to keep all the secrets to herself. She didn't even let it out to the white pages of diaries! I opened her closet and there was a box. I decided to open the box which contained a diary. The diary seemed like it was a child's diary. It was all sparkly and decorated. I opened the diary which was full of news related to 'Alia Singhania' , the daughter of the business man 'Raj Singhania'.  But the question was how was she related so much with the 'Alia Singhania' who was dead 5 years back? Then my eyes fell on another box. I kept this one and picked up that one. As soon as I opened the box, I was shocked. My eyes would pop out of its sockets any moment. It was full of small packets with some white powder in it. Were they drugs? I mean, I know she smokes and drinks but drugs? I don't know what happened to me but when I heard Adi's voice, I nervously kept everything back and closed the closet doors. "Darshan, Ruksar chachi is calling for dinner, if u want to..", she said. "Why wouldn't I? ", I asked and realised my mistake. I didn't know if I could hold my anger or not... At the dining table she was acting like everything was okay. I left their house and as I was on the road, I looked at her room again. She was in the balcony with a cigarette in her mouth and with a pen and a diary in her hands. It wasn't the diary that I saw, it was a different one. What has happened to her?? I can't understand anything.. Neither can I ask her anything. I am in utter confusion. I don't know how will I face her after this......

//Tomorrow Geography!! Gotta go back to study. BTW have any guesses about what's gonna happen? I do have//