CHAPTER 37

I was getting back to my life. No worries,no problems .... only peace. But still i felt a part of me constantly at war. Darshan's words were repeatedly ringing in my ears again and again... over and over. I was at college one day. It was nearly lunch time and Prakriti and i were sitting together. "Don't u feel lonely at the end of the day?" she asked tilting her head to the side. "even if i feel lonely, that won't put an impact on anyone" i said. "U and Darshan were in love ?" she asked. I wish it were true. I wanted it to be true. "No...Never...We can never be in love.... we r poles apart .", i justified almost in a hush. "Oh... but u both look cute together" she said. I smiled idiotically. I wish he felt the same but it was almost impossible. "U both were friends?" she furrowed her brows. "He is the first person to have earned my trust to know about my past." , I stated. I felt like he was everywhere but nowhere. "Oh... Can i be the second one?", Prakriti asked. "Let us see... BTW what about your past?" I asked. "Nothing much... i my dad and mom divorced when i was 14 and my mom re-married to the business tycoon Raj Singhania. " she elaborated and my eyes widened. Did she say Raj Singhania? It means she is my step sister. The smile which i had been plastering on my face since the start had started fading away.Now I understood why I was feeling more helpless.Wait.... Yes dad did remarry but i Had never seen his wife. "So u r Prakriti Singhania?" coldly i asked. "Well.... I still prefer Prakriti Patel... my dad's surname", she answered and i lowered my head. I felt an emotion going through me and i couldn't face it. i felt my heart beats rise to it's peak and then fall in the deepest pit of my stomach. I was quiet... extremely quiet. I felt like someone had snatched away my breaths.... I felt like someone had dragged me to square one from which I had been trying to run away. Ryn away since long.... I had been wanting to hide and shy away but all was in vain. I couldn't help the feeling. "Aditi ! what happened?" she shook me out of my thoughts. "No...I was thinking about Alia Singhania... Raj Singhania's daughter", i said. "Yes... I sometimes feel miserable for his loss.... It really feels bad when u lose someone special" she wrinkled her nose. Of course i was special but not in the way she thought.... I was just a mere toy. This thought made me smirk a bit leaving Prakriti perplexed.I missed mom very much. "Well what is your story?" she asked. "Nothing much... Lost mom when i was 9, Disowned by my father and abandoned by family", i said half a true. "It really feels bad to be stranded alone" she said and a feeling of loneliness crept inside me. I was feeling lonelier than ever. "And that to by your loved ones.... we say home is heaven... we love and feel loved, we feel and are felt, we care and are cared but when it turns on one side that is u do everything but no one does them for you then... home turns hell... Sometimes the most worst night mares and scariest are in our home. U don't only have people to love u in home but people even to hate u in your home" i lectured her. She just smiled at me. "Ten on ten... on point" she exclaimed. But now I was in a responsibility to set the love of my life with my step sister if they liked each other! If they were meant to be together, i would just try to disappear from their life or else still I will disappear from their lives.... It will be good for everyone .....

// AN UNEXPECTED UPDATE? YEAH THAT'S HOW I AM!//