Chapter 12

All ten warriors thrust their spears at the same time. Alred blocks the first one. His new staff runs down the spear pushing its blade into the others. He runs the blade across the ground.
“Earth sword.” The ground raises up, wrapping it self around the wooden stick. The blade only a few inches wide and close to three feet long. The back of the blade thick and flat, while the blade is thin and sharp. Fire wraps out of the bottom, wrapping around his hand to make a guard.
He strikes out at the closest elf. The elf tries to block with his spear. The large earth blade cuts the spear in half. The tip of the blade running down the elves body. The first body falls. The other nine back away. Keeping their spear blades between them and Alred.
Alred jumps forwards. His blade cutting through theirs. They each fall to the ground with a thud. They all turn rushing away from Alred. He points the blade into the ground.
“Shackles.” Rock vines shoot from the ground, wrapping around each elf like a snake. Pulling them down to the ground. There across from Alred, Talkow, his staff glowing blue.
“A mere human mage thinks he can beat me? I am one hundred and twenty years old. You are nothing but a child.” He swings his staff forward, a blue steam of water rushes forward. Alred swings the sword to cut the water in half. The water becomes sticky, sticking the blade to ground.
“Earth spears.” The walls and floors cover in spikes. They all launch at different moments. One after another heading for Talkow. Alred pulls his sword out rushing forward. Talkow slams his staff down. A wall of water blocks each spear. They keep going through, Talkow dodges each one.
Alred reaches the water wall. He slices it mid-stride pushing himself through it. The wall can’t take any more and shatters as Alred lands at his feet. Talkow tries to jump back but Alred doesn’t give him a chance. He thrust his sword forward. Talkow side steps, Alred adjust the blade just enough. The blade runs across his side. The blue blood covers the ground. Talkow spins away, his back slams into the wall.
“Shackles.” More earth vines shoot out of the wall wrapping Talkow up. A small whimper escape Talkows mouth as the shackles tighten around him. “Stay here. Once I finish with the other group I will be back.”
“What is your name? If you are a mage, why do you wear that armor?” A black loogie splatters on the floor.
“You can call me Alred. This,” he points to his armor. “is a gift from a very important friend.” He wasted no more word with the older elf and went deeper into the cave. Alred could only feel disgust with the older elf. They worshipped Else, yet when she choose to bless someone that wasn’t one of them. They marched off to kill her. Is that the reason the gods left? Alred couldn’t help but wonder.
As Alred races through the caves, trying to reach the other side. Laena fires her last arrow. It sticks into a man about to stab Agis. Agis jumps back, his spears blade slicing through another man’s throat.
“I’m out of arrows." She shouts to Agis. She drops the bow, pulling out a pair of daggers. She jumps out of her hiding spot. Two men run up to meet her. Their swords already swinging. She ducks under the first one, blocks the second one. She twist between the two men, sticking her dagger into their throats. The men behind them each take a step back.
She moves closer to Agis. They each take a turn attacking the men as they come forward. This part of the cave only five men can walk shoulder to shoulder.
“STOP!” A voice booms from behind the men. Like a sea being split in half, the men move closer to the walls. One man is walking forward. His bright red hair filled with curls. His green eyes, cold and heartless. Scars ruin what was once a good looking face. “The lot of men aren’t a match for these two elves. Best to just get rid of them.” He spits at them.
Laena tightens her grip walking forward. The man hadn’t even taken his sword out of its sheath. She bends her knees a little, launching forward. She thrust her dagger for the man’s face. She can see the daggers tip is about to plunge into his eye. Pain erupts across her face. The wind in hair as she flies backwards. Agis catches her before she hits the wall.
“Dam trash.” Agis looks at the man, a small trail of blood leaks form a small cut under his eye. “To think a trash like that was able to cut me.”
“Rest, I will handle this.” Agis lays Laena down. He picks his spear up, he twirls it around. The blades tip ripping through the ground.
“Ha, look at this fancy plants here. Spinning a spear around isn’t going to do anything." A huge grin on the man’s face, yet his hand never left his hilt. Agis jumps forward, he thrust his spear. The man jumps to the side, yet the blade slams into his arm.
Agis pulls his spear out, twist the blade, swiping it towards the man’s head. His spear stops just an inch from the man’s throat. His sword’s blade meeting the spear head on. Agis twist his spear again launch attacks. Going on full offense. The man dances around blocking each attack. Each time the blade almost reaching him.
Agis pushes himself harder. More power in each thrust. Short in movements. He steps forward, pushing his body beyond its limits. The man across from eyes darken. He feels the entry behind each thrust. Each one gaining millimeters each thrust. The man jumps back, his sword in front of him.
“Well, what a frightening beast we have here.” He mutters under he’s huff for air “Boys, ya found a monster this time.” Now a smile on his face. “I wish I could offer you a job. Talent like yours is wasted here. We can show you where to find true strength.”
“The path of a warrior is foraged through its battles.” Agis shifts his body sideways, step out front. “Learn to adapt, push yourself to the limits. Faith in what you believe, the mindset of one path.” Agis steps high slamming his foot down. The power cracking the ground. Dust floods way from the impact. “Overcome or die.” He growls.