Chapter 6

Alred jumps through the bush. Tripping his way out. He rolls across the ground, branches smash there. He turns and see the drake ripping apart another tree.
“Puddle, wrong target. Eat the mage.” Vanes voices bellows from a distance.
The years, they have been apart. Alred isn’t sure what happen to Vane. He use to find hurt animals and nurse them back to full health. The Golden Hammer-cat he saved still guards their house. It seems to be waiting for him.
Alred breaks through the last bush, the path in front of him forking. The path to the right leads back the way he came while the left path seems to be going up hill. The ground shakes.
Alred grips his staff, looking at the two paths. His head blank, unsure what he can actually do. If he fights them, he’s not sure if he can beat a drake and a mage at the same time.
Alred tucks around a tree, and up the hill. He uses the roots making nature stairs to go faster. Half way up the path, Alred senses something is wrong. He turns to take a look. Four large fire-balls hurl towards him.
He holds his staff like a sword. Cutting the first one in half. The other three are to close for Alred to dodge. He cross his arms as they make impact, throwing him across the path.
His back slams into the boulder at the other side, it cracks. He drops his staff. The earth crystal falls into the rubble. His head starts to spin. The world slowly fading into darkness. Bright blue spot moves back an forth. Alred tries to focus on it, in the end he’s unable to. He falls from the boulder, unable to catch himself. He feels two large arms catch him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Agis, has your father returned yet? How much longer do we have to follow, him?” Sif ask.. They both turn, looking at an older elf. Who is walking with a group in tow.
“He has been gone for more than two full moons.” Agis tightens his grip on his spear. “We will have to make a move soon. He continues to have people from the outside coming here.”
“What? Outsiders are not allowed here. What if they find out we are hiding a dragon?”
“Keep quite Sif, you forget. Talkow has his own people in the village. I fear we will have to get help from a n outsider as well.” They both look around at the people in their village. Agis looks at the moon. Its almost blue hue brings peace to him.
ROAR! The wind rushes out of the cave. Agis and Sif stand off to the side. As the hot air stops, Agis looks down the dark passage. At the end he can see two yellow eyes looking back at him.
“What is wrong child?” she purrs. Her blue scales flash in the dim moon light.
“I am sorry my Grace, I did not mean to look apon you.” Agis hurries to bow. Placing his forehead to the ground.
“Time for change is coming. A new path you will be set on. Do not fear the outcome but follow your gut.” As the last words left her mouth. Fire storms down the path. Agis jump’s to the side just before the fire reaches him.
His heart beating way to fast. He clutches his chest. Mother dragon has spoken to him. It seems his life is going to change. He prays it is for the better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“It’s about time I found a cave. I just hope it has a bear in it. I would love something to eat.” Laena pulls a arrow out, nocking it. She not sure how much farther she needs to travel until she finds the person she is seeking.
Letting out a deep breath, she walks into the darkness. Hoping the chances of werewolves of being in here are slim. The moon light fades, the darkness wraps around her.
Each step echoes. A calmness she has never really felt. The smooth floor wraps and twirls deeper and deeper. Her guts is telling her, what ever lives in this cave is not something she can take down with a bow and arrow.
She pushes forward, working around the next bend. The closer she gets, a flicking light dances. The smell of cooked meat starts to fill the air. Hope starts to fill her. Taking steps twice as fast. Maybe for once she will be lucky.
She rounds the next bend, right into a room full of light. There laying by a fire, her blue scales dancing in the fires light. She feels the bow shaking in her hands, the arrow slides out of her fingers.
She looks down, watching the arrow. It slowly moves away from her. The arrow pauses, hanging by the feathers, rocking back an forth. She sucks her breath in, reaching for the arrow. It slips just before she can grab it. Clack! The arrow bounces of the hard rock floor. The dragons eyes snap open.
Laena freezes, her heart stop beating, the air in her lungs burning her from the inside out. Each time it blinks, she wants to turn and run. She was right, she can’t beat a dragon.
“Seems almost everyone is here.” The dragon lifts its head up, blowing more flames into the fire. “You are a child of the ice? There is some meat here for you.” The dragon points toward the roasted boar laying on the floor.
Laena can’t move, her body screaming for her to run. No only is it a dragon but the dragon is speaking to her, she questions if this is a dream. Did she hit her head when she was fleeing? No, there is no way that this can happen?
“Children these days. You all seem to think we can’t speak. Or maybe it’s the fact I have not risen to eat you. Eat child, I am waiting for one other.” The dragon lays her head back down. Closing her eyes.
“Umm.” Laena starts to walk backwards, her eyes locked on the dragon. With each step back she can see the dragon still has yet to move. She sees the arrow she left of the floor. She shakes her head, one arrow is not worth going back for.
“Do not leave, you are needed here. I know what happened to your people. What is it that you seek?” The dragon snaps.
Laena walks forward, sitting next to the burnt boar, she reaches up cutting off a thick slab. She shovels it into her mouth as fast as she can.

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you liked it. Please let me know what you think! I would love to talk to you.