Chapter 25

"Adrien! Wake up! It's Christmas!!" Marinette pounced on the sleeping blonde. He didn't move. Marinette stamped her foot impatiently. "Chat! An akuma!" With that Adrien jumped out of bed.

"Plagg claws-" The boy stopped when he saw the teenager laughing at him. "There's no akuma is there." She just continued to laugh. "Oh, now you're gonna get it Mari!" Adrien ran over to the laughing girl and threw her over his shoulder.

"Adrien put me down!" She swatted his back playfully.

"Payback time!" He carries her down the stairs and all the way into the common room using his Chat Noir strength. He laid her down on the couch and started tickling her. She started kicking her legs while laughing.

"Adrien stop it! Stop it!" The two laughed and separated to calm down. "Okay, so I was thinking. We need to have some more rules." Adrien groaned.

   "This again? Didn't we break them all last time?" Adrien smirked as she rolled her eyes.

   "This week is a trial week. To see if we are actually compatible as a couple."

   "I think you're overdoing this Marinette." She continued despite his resistance.

   "If it doesn't work as we hoped. We forget it ever happened, remain partners and never speak of it again." He frowned but he knew that wouldn't be the case. "First rule, no nicknames alluding our identities in front of others. Such as Bugginette, milady, kitty, Chaton, etc." Adrien nodded in agreement. "2nd, Don't tell Fu. 3rd, don't allude to any relationship between us during a battle. Anything else?" Adrien shook his head no. Marinette smiled.

   "Oh jeez, I forgot to ask this officially. Marinette Dupain-Cheng." Adrien grabbed her hands. "Will you be my girlfriend. Officially. On a trial basis." Marinette giggles in response.

   "Actually, I'm not so sure." Adrien's eyes widened before he realized he was joking. "Of course kitty. Now c'mon. We have gifts to open!" The two walked over to the tree them and their friends decorated a week prior to the holiday. The house-elves delivered the gifts mailed to them in the night and placed them under the tree. They each had gifts from Alya and Nino, along with Mr. and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng. Adrien also received a small package from his father. Most likely a pen Nathalie got.
The two opened up their gifts from Alya and Nino first. Nino got them both an assortment of candy. Alya got Marinette a framed picture of them in daycare and on their first day at Hogwarts. Adrien got a key labeled the key to Marinette's heart. The two shared a chuckle over that. If only they knew. Soon she will. When the silly trial period is over. Marinette's parents sent her some baked goods and some clothes along with a new quill. Marinette gasped at what was in a small package from her mom.

"What is it?" Adrien asked. Marinette buried her head in her hands from embarrassment.

   "Oh my god, I hate my mother." She cried. Adrien stared at the girl in agony. "I'd expect this from Alya but my mom?!" Adrien grabbed the box out of her hands and gasped in embarrassment and shock. Sabine sent Marinette a box of condoms with the note Better safe than sorry. I know how tempting it is considering the only time between you two. Don't team your father.

   "I don't think we'll be needing theses anytime soon." Adrien quickly said before shoving them out of sight. Marinette nodded in agreement. The two started to giggle at the uncomfortably of their situation before moving onto the next gift. Marinette's parents sent Adrien two small parcels. The first contained a photo of him and Marinette 'baking' and the other was a picture Tom, Sabine, and Emilie from when she stayed with them. He decided to write a thank you letter later that day. It was finally time for him to give Marinette her gift. He ordered it via owl weeks ago and was debating whether or not it was too much. But after last night, he realized it was perfect.