•Thirty Six•

I decided not go home and face Kookie. I was too mad at everything that just happen. I know Kookie wasn't to blame but I needed to get away.

So here I am at the stretching at the dance studio to start dancing. I felt I haven't been inspired for a routine and had to put dance on hold.

But in the last twenty four hours, I been angry, happy, joy, care free, helpful, helpless, shame, and felt pity. I had a lot of emotions in me this moment. But I hung onto one.

Happiness.

So I played a random song and listen to the beat before able to make a routine in my head. After I listen to the song once I replayed it and dance to it.

My turns were sharp, my reach was full, my jumps were like clouds. I decided to redo the routine over and over till it was drilled in my head.

It was good dance and I was proud of it.

Until I heard a taunting slow applause in the corner. I froze at the sound and look at the mysterious person.

Mr. Jeon.

Seriously his wife wasn't enough, he had to come talk to me.

"That was beautiful I must say." He said with a sinister smile.

I cross my arms, "Thanks."

"Are you not happy to see me?" He ask as he looks over my posture.

"Give me a reason why I would be?" I ask him.

His smile was gone as his eyes became cold. "Then maybe you should have listen to my wife."

His voice sent chills down my spine. I did my best not to show him fear, but I failed.

His smile slowly came back on his face.

"This a lovely studio. You teach here don't you?" He ask. I was too scared to talk, so I nod my head. "I like the space and the area of the place. But you what I find so unusual about this little area?" He asked.

"What?"

"That Starbucks coffee place. I notice there's one like one mile going south, and about another 10 minutes drives going north for another Starbucks. Isn't there suppose to be one on every corner?" He was asking but it sound like more a point he was trying to make.

"What are you saying?" I ask him.

He walks towards me and when he was in front of me he looks into my eyes. "Make sure this engagement isn't ruined or this place will be another ridiculous over priced brand coffee spot."

He then walks out the studio.

He was threatening my job, the little girls who I teach, the first place I felt at peace in the city.

When I knew he wasn't coming back I fell to the grown and cried. My heart couldn't take it anymore. I thought it was just a silly thing I can't fight his parents but I tend to forget they have plenty of battle room, where as I have a only a small room.

My heart was shattering every second and by the end of my cries, I finally had the courage and strength to stand up. I went back to change in my regular clothes and put my spare back in my locker.

I walked toward our home in the dark alone. I didn't mind it. I actually miss it. Kookie has been picking me up after work, I forgot the feeling, the energy Of the city at night time.

I heard voices in the corridor behind the wall that hides our apartment.

"Kookie what the hell are you planning to do?" It was Jin's voice.

"I don't know. Can you stop asking me the same fucking question?" Kookie's growls out.

"Are you planning to sell the Dionysus? Are fucking mad?" Jin ask.

"Yes I am mad! Are you happy?" He took a deep breath. "I never seen her so angry. It was like she is starting to understand this isn't worth the fight.... I'm not worth it."

I cover my mouth from crying. He was understanding this was too much for a person.

"So you think selling one club, can make your father stop this?" Jin question. There was silence. "You know why out of all people, he chose Umji. This doesn't end at the money."

"Don't remind me." Kookie felt defeated.

My mind wonder, was there more too it. I don't understand what else could be the cause of his parents acting so heartless.

"Lisa?" She saw J hope on her left and footsteps on her right.

"Lisa?" Kookie came in view surprise to see me.

"Hey." I said to the three men in my view.

I suddenly felt Kookie arms around me. He kiss the temple of my head. "You scared me. Please don't disappear again." He whisper in my ear.

I slowly got out of his grasp. "Sorry." I mumble.

"I'll let everyone know she's here." J hope tell me and Kookie.

I saw J hope wary eyes on me. I wonder if he knew I heard everything. 

"Where did you go?"Kookie brought my inner thought.

"I went to clear my mind at the studio." I tell him.

His hands lift my face so he look at my eyes. His brows knitted together in concern. "Were you crying?" I tried looking away but his hand stops me from looking away. "Why aren't you talking to me?"

"I'm sorry. But I'm still shaken over what happen between Umji and I." I lied.

His hands drop in sadness. "I know and I'm so sorry. But I'm wo-"

"Working on its." I finish his sentence. His eyes continue to show confusion. "Can we go in?" I ask.

He hesitates but eventually nod his head. I felt his fingers intertwines with mine. For the first time, i felt  cold holding his hand and I know he felt the same because he drops our hand.

Before I open the door, we look at each other silently. I don't know what's going in his head but I know until I know the full story, I can't fight for him. I haven't given up on him, I just need to know what I'm getting myself in before I continue this.