Sentimental Part 30

3rd POV:

"WHAT HAVE I GOT IN MY POCKET?!"

The voice that thundered through his brain conspired with the piercing pain to wake him up.

In an instant, the man leaped out of the bed, taking a stance and surveilling his surroundings.

Morning breeze nipped at his bare skin, sun lazily warming up the open room.

He relaxed and looked around the bright and spacious room.

"I'm in the temple of law..."

He murmured hoarsely and sat at the bed's edge, gazing at the beautiful gardens, that twinkled 

in the sun's early rays, like dancing sparkles.

Slayer closed his eyes from the room's brightness and massaged his temples.

"Yesterday's events after the fight are pretty hazy..."

He exhaled, trying to remember, how he got here and where was...

"...Y/N!"

He hastily pushed himself off the soft mattress and gathered his belongings to equip.

While putting on clothes Slayer stopped to examine his armor and grumbled under his breath, it was battered pretty badly after the fight, subconsciously moving fingers down the big scar on his chest plate.

"Heh-heh, so you're awake. Are you~?"

A rich voice came unexpectedly behind him.

It belonged to Sword Maiden, who was standing near the open window, smiling at the warrior, sun rays gently enveloping her whole being like a glow, if he didn't know her, the hero would probably mistake her for the goddess statue.

"Where are my companions?"

Slayer asked monotonously, while the blonde with quiet steps moved closer to him, the smile only growing when her outstretched hand gently caressed his chest, being amused by their interaction.

"Don't worry, they are alright, waiting for you down the corridor."

But slowly, Maidens' smile turned into a straight line.

"Although... One of your... friends... "

Slayer stiffened from her last sentence, dreading the next of her words.

"Will not be able to accompany you..."

"What?!"

Slayers' voice came out harsher than he expected.

Maiden stepped aside but smiled reassuringly, slowly getting closer again and snaking her arms around his, tugging him closer, saying silky whispers in his ear.

"Don't worry, she is in a stable condition, but unconscious...

It's interesting... People... Women... Are such fragile things.

I feel like I might be crushed...under the weight of evil...

I am anxious.

Afraid.

Frightened...

Scared...

Every single night."

The Blonde moves one of her hands to stroke Slayers' chin, trying to pull him close.

"I'm sure other people... Could never understand"