Bonfire Part 7

Artist: Brent Cotton 

Warning: There is mentioned alcohol! [I know that Goblin Slayers universe is pretty rough, but still, if you're one of my young readers, that are not legally allowed to drink, I just wanted to warn you that alcohol is not worth it... Trust me it's not... ]. Y/N in this story is old enough to use alcohol. Enjoy the story.

Y/N POV:

Three days passed in the blink of an eye. I could have been there two days ago, but I can't abandon my new party members.

I looked at the stars that shimmered upon us. A thin trail of smoke like a snake moved up and disappeared into the darkness.

We sat in a circle around the campfire. Far behind us grew the forest where elves resided. I sat between Goblin Slayer and Lizardman.

I enjoyed the scenery, when...

"So what made all of you want t to be adventurers?"

The elf started the conversation with a glimmer of curiosity in her forest-green eyes.

"To sample the worlds great cuisine of course! You, long ears?"

The dwarf said happily, as the lizardman gave the cooked meat to other party members.

"I was eager to see the outside world..."

"This is delicious!!!"

"Listen when I'm talking. Will you!! "

The elf yelled at dwarf who interrupted her speech.

Everyone shared their reasons.

I just listened intently and ate the delicious swamp meat.

"So, Bloodpooch. Why did you become an adventurer?"

I nearly choked on the meat because the name still made me laugh.

I cleared my throat and shrugged my shoulders.

"It just happened."

"How could it just happen?"

The elf started to interrogate me.

"Well... When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. You know what a lemon is...Right?"

"What?! Of course, I know! It's a pale yellow oval citrus fruit with thick skin and fragrant, acidic juice."

"Well, look at you, knowing the fruits..."

"Of course, fruits and other gifts of nature are a part of our rich ethnic!"

Elf puffed her chest in proudness.

'Escaping the questioning like a pro!'

I mentally patted my back and smiled victoriously. It is really easy to sidetrack the elf.

While we ate the delicious meat. Archer with Priestess ate a bowl of soup from dried beans.

I looked at our party.

'I hope this is not the last meal we will have...They are kinda loud, but interesting nonetheless...'

Elf shared her preserved elves bread. When I took a bite the crispy outside gave away to a soft moist center.

We with Priestess hummed in unison. I chirped.

"This is really delicious! Reminds me of the dessert rolls that my aunt makes~"

"Hrm! Elf treats, is it? Well, I'd better share this then... DWARVEN FIRE WINE!"

"Fire...wine?"