Judging Part 17

3rd POV:

"Thank you very much!"

An old woman smiled at her helper with a big grin.

"No problem ma'am, I just couldn't see you struggle with your bags like that."

The person shook their head in disapproval.

"But how I'll ever repay you?"

The elderly woman started to rummage through her small purse.

"Oh no! There's no need for that, seeing you safe is enough."

"Ohhhh so smooth I see~"

The woman pinched the person's cheek. She took out a small candy and put it in their hand.

"Thank you, now shoo, do your work!"

The person nodded and bowed in respect.

"Take care, ma'am."

"Such a good gal you are."

Y/N smiled at the elderly woman and took her leave to the Guild.

She quickly put the white dogs mask on her face.

Townsfolk weren't really fond of the Guild, because of the shady looking adventurers residing there.

So she only put her mask when she ventured to the guild.

Y/N felt somehow unsafe without this mask and besides, work and home need to be separated in some way, and this was the wall between the two worlds...

But...

She couldn't leave the poor lady in the street struggling with the bags and to not scare her she took the mask off.

Nobody really saw her without the mask and with her usual clothes she didn't differ from the townsfolk.

'I can pretty well blend in the crowd huh...'

Thought the adventuress as she carried the sack with her equipment that needed a professionals touch.

She was standing in front of the Guilds door to open it, but someone from the other side beat her to it and a yell followed it.

"WAIT! PLEASE DONT LEAVE!"

Goblin SLayers POV:

If there were no goblin quests, then I could go back and help the Farm Girl with the chores when in front of me appeared Y/N with a big sack on her shoulder.

I didn't know why, but every time I saw her, I felt warmth in my chest.

"Hi, Slayer-kun."

She waved with her free hand.

I nodded and opened the door for her to enter.

"Such a gentleman."

She giggled while walking past me.

I followed her movements when a cough behind me signaled that someone needed my attention.

Y/N POV:

I greeted the Guild Girl who tried to catch the Slayers attention.

"But you said this doesn't involve goblins."

"...That's true, but..."

I looked at the pretty receptionist and sighed.

She wanted to spend this day with Slayer, even though she knows that he doesn't stay in the Guild if there's no quest.