Sewers Part 19

Art - couldn't find the author, found it by the link 

megavoid.de/megavoid/dnd/Neverwinter/sewers.jpg

3rd POV:

"ARGH!!"

A shrill scream echoed across the stone of the waterway.

After it followed the body of a dead goblin hitting the cold surface, a hatchet buried in its forehead.

*Flashback*

"This is a map of the sewers. It's old, from the time when this temple was built..."

The archbishop pulled out a tattered piece of scrolled paper.

Goblin Slayer took the document in his hands. It was discolored, already chewed by insects, but it spoke by its length of sewer sheer size displayed on the map.

"Is it accurate?"

"Water still flows in this town, so I don't think the damage should be too bad."

Y/N and Priestess leaned closer to the man and inspected the paper.

'Goblins worked their way completely through this underground labyrinth?

Facing them would be quite a pickle in the sewers. '

Bloodhound thought to herself while analyzing the complicated sewer passages that were drawn on the paper.

"But it could be a bit of a maze."

"Oh my... Who might you be?"

The woman with lush blonde hair tilted her head questioning manner at Y/N.

"I'm a part of the party ma'am."

"Oh! Bloodhound... I was expecting you too."

'Pfff...Ya, you were...'Y/N commented internally and rolled her eyes from her "cluelessness" and nodded slightly.

"But now I'm here to do the job."

"I'm grateful..."

The archbishop bowed slightly while saying those words.

'Ugh, she already thanked and bowed multiple times for no reason...'

Don't take her wrong. 

Y/N knew perfectly about the system and all the praying thing and rules, but she didn't see the use of it, it wasn't sincere, so all Bloodhound saw was people with back problems.

The priestess was another thing because she didn't bow so much and prayed from her heart and Y/N liked that about her... 

Not this... Of course... 

She's the legend that helped to defeat the great evil...

But somehow... Y/N didn't feel so blessed with her presence.

*Flashback ends*

"Qackk..!"

A goblin with an arrow embodied in its head fell down into the sewage that ran nearby. It fell with a splash, then floated among the polluted bubbles for a moment and sank out of sight.

"That's the last of them."

Archer smirked at their victory.

"But maybe not for long, who knows how long this could go on?"

Instantly elves smile disappeared and her glare landed on Bloodhound, who swiped her sword clean from goblin guts.

"Geez, I didn't know you were a pessimist."