Chapter 14: Pretend

Before Sarah goes downstairs, Josh speak and told her that after the dinner. He need to discuss something to her. And without waiting Sarah to give her respon, Josh already close the door.
While going down towards the dining room, Sarah keep thinking what Josh have said. What is it this time that he wanted to discuss with me again, is it about us getting divorce? I do hope that he wouldn't discuss about that, Sarah thought.

At the dining room, Mr. Alexander were expecting both Sarah and Josh. And when he saw that Sarah was the only one come down, he ask Sarah where is Josh and Sarah told him that he will come down soon since he just arrived home from work.
While waiting Josh to come down and have dinner with them. Mr. Alexander ask Sarah where would she like to go for her and Josh honeymoon vacation. Sarah was a bit off guard after hearing what Mr. Alexander ask her and before she could answer it, Josh have arrive at the dining table and said to Mr. Alexander

"Dad, I already told you, let me discuss it with Sarah. Why are you so eager for us to go on vacation?"
"Hem!! If I didn't ask you this morning, would you ever think to take her on honeymoon vacation?"
Mr. Alexander still wanted to make his plan work in order to make both Josh and Sarah fall in love wit each other. No matter what, his heart know that the both of them are compatible with each other and that was it.

Josh feel irritated with his father desperation on getting both him and Sarah to go on vacation and he knows what his father up to. But he isn't willing to take it because he already gave up the ife of bachelor when he love that freedom on being able to sleep with so many women. Josh took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He looks at his father and said "OK, I know it's my fault that I go to work after our wedding. I promise that I won't do it again but still just don't do something like this again dad, both of us are already grown up. We can make our own decisions whether or not that we're going on vacation or not."

Josh wasn't wiling to say honeymoon vacation since there will be no to that. He hope that Sarah will agree with what he come up to and he is willing to make it work no matter what. Mr. Alexander have stop asking them about where would they go for their honeymoon vacation. He was hoping that the both of them gets to know each other well and better.

While both father and son talking, Sarah just quietly eating her dinner, she was desperately wanted to talk what are her opinion about the honeymoon but seeing that the both men are trying to glare at each other, she didn't dare to disturb.

Suddenly she remember that Josh wanted to discuss something after dinner, maybe he wanted to talk about this issue, she thought. And if it did, then she would speak up about it, she knew that Josh was against it when Mr. Alexander wanted them to go on honeymoon.

When all of them finish having their breakfast, Mr. Alexander going outside and have been company by the butler to go outside and get some fresh air. While Josh and Sarah goes back to their room to have a little discussion about the vacation that Mr. Alexander had talked about while having their breakfast.

"So what do you want to talk about?"
"You already heard what dad had said about the vacation."
"Yes"
"What date will you not busy with your studiest?"
Sarah was a shocked about it, she think that Josh would come up a plan to avoid honeymoon and she was ok with that. But now, she doesn't even know what Josh is thinking.

"Why?" she ask.
"I ask so I can arrange when will be go on honeymoon."
"Wh... What?"
"Do I need to say the second time, didn't you hear what I was saying?
Josh became mad because he feel Sarah a bit stupid.
" No.. I heard what you were saying but I just need to know whether or not that your saying is true coz I'm a bit shocked. "
" Why do you need to be shocked about, its normal to have honeymoon. But this honeymoon of us is different. You can spend time on your own, this is just a plan so dad wouldn't ask to many question about it.

Now Sarah knew what Josh was up to, he plan to have a honeymoon but with their own way. Both mind their own business without interfering. Shes a bit down though when Josh said it like that. But she can look forward to where Josh decided to have their pretend honeymoon, at least she can enjoy it.

She never been to faraway from home before and she's a bit excited so she said
"Emm.. I dont have any class next week for 4 days since my lecture is busy arranging our university festival next month so I'm free next week."
"OK, then I'll ask my secretary to booked a ticket to Paris. Are you fine with that?"
"Paris? yeah I'm fine with it, never been there before so I'm excited to visit there."
"Good, remember that this is just to cover up so dad wouldn't ask again and if we're going there I hope you would not interfere me.
" What.. Your going to spend with other women."
"You think that just because we're husband and wife. I would just stop sleeping with other woman?"
"...."
"Don't forget that we're married because of my dad not because we have a mutual feeling, so why should I stop doing it."

After saying that, Josh just got out from their room. He didn't know why, but he didn't like it when Sarah expression change when he say that they should mind their own business and his going to spend time with other woman. But this is the opportunity that he had after getting married unwillingly with his father choice of bride.

Sarah was excited going on their pretend honeymoon but feels a little mad about what Josh say. Of course they married because of Mr. Alexander request but that didn't mean he could disrespect her as his wife by sleeping with other woman. She wanted to know him better, clearly she could see that Josh had build a wall inside his heart. That's why he was so defensive with himself, she knew that but still it's hurt a little hearing him say something like that.