Chapter 17: Meeting New People

During her breakfast at the restaurant, she finds that there are many different menu that she never seen before, especially when it is hard to pronounce it. She was glad that the waitress new how to speak english so she ask for help which were good for a first timer to taste local food there. Even though she was on her own, she enjoys it. There is no need to thing about that guy, when he never think about me. He only wanted us to pretend that we have a good relationship with each other in front of his dad, when the truth is we're not. She thought.

Even though that's what she was thinking, she still need to put an effort to get to know Josh better. If she wanted to keep the promise that she had with Mr.Alexander then she have to tried, no matter what kind of attitude that Josh throw at her. She needs to endure all, beside this wasn't as hard like she have to deal with her father when her mother left both her and her father. She was abuse by her father when she was little, but she became use to it over the past years when she grew up. Sarah told herself that no matter what, she had to let go of her past and start new just like Mr.Alexander have said.

After finishing her breakfast, she decided to stroll around the places that is near to the hotel, there was so many gift shop that she found there and she could see that there are many key chain, souvenir and other things. Since she only have a few friends, she was glad that she wouldn't pick to many key chain since all the key chain she saw is pretty and beautiful. Beside she doesn't want to spend so much.

She always taught herself that no matter what she  shouldn't buy unnecessary thing and she also reminded herself that saving money could be useful in time of need. She was glad that it pays off, her effort by saving money even taught back then when she still pay her father's debt. She still manage to save up money for few years until Mr. Alexander contact her. Even now she still work part time job and saving up money.

While she was search key chain for her friends, a man came up to her and ask what she is looking for. Before Sarah answer, she looks toward the man. He is tall, had brown hair, good looking.
"Oh, i was just looking for some key chain."
Sarah wasn't that friendly with stranger, beside she have to take care herself since she in a foreign place. The man try to help Sarah pick the key chain and Sarah just smile then continue to look another key chain.
"What's your name?" The man asked. It seems he notice that Sarah wasn't that much friendly but he knew that it was because he is a stranger to her.

Since Sarah didn't reply his question, he try again to make conversation with her.
"Don't worry, i'm not a bad person. I know we're strangers but can i at least know your name Miss? I promise i won't do any harm"
Sarah was a bit annoyed that the man kept asking what's her name, but judging his look, it's true that he wasn't that bad person. But she still need to be alert at all times. After a few seconds, Sarah told him her name.
"It's nice to meet you Sarah, I'm Aaron. I'm sorry if i annoyed you but when i saw you were looking at the key chains, your a bit confused weather to buy from this store or you were looking for another store that have key chains also."

Indeed that she is confused, she still consider to look key chains from other store but she didn't want to walk far away from where she stay since she isn't familiar with the place.
"I could help you if you wanna see key chain from other store."
But Sarah decline, she said that she would just look at this store. She didn't want to hang out with him.
Aaron still smile warmly at Sarah, he knew that she wasn't interested in him and she is on guard, but still it made Aaron wants to get to know her. Maybe they can become friends.

Aaron told Sarah that she didn't need to worry, because he is a nice guy and just wanna to get to know her. Sarah looks at Aaron and she observe him, she could see that he was sincere so she just let her guard down for just a bit. After Sarah had already pick key chain and goes to the counter to pay all the key chain.
"How about we have a cup of coffee, so we can have a little conversation."
"We could go to the near cafe."
It's a good thing that when she walk out from the hotel, she saw a cafe near there."

So both Sarah and Aaron go to the cafe that was near, just 2 block from the hotel where Sarah stays. After they both goes in, Sarah look around the cafe and she finds the cafe is warn and cozy, they took a seat near the window. A waitress come and take order, after the waitress already took their order. Aaron started conversation, he asked a lot of question like where your from, are you still studies or work. Sarah just answer the question, and soon after that she also found that Aaron have the same hobby as her, she could see that he is nice, friendly and easy to have conversation with.

"So why are you on vacation alone?"
"Actually i on vacation with mu husband."
When Aaron heard it, his smile got stiff. He didn't expect a such a young woman already married.
"So your married. Where is your husband, he should be the one to accompany you."
Sarah shows her ring on her left hand. Aaron didn't notice her ring when they were on the souvenir but now since Sarah shows it then she already a married woman.
"Yes, it was an arranged marriage. He is busy dealing with something."
"Ohh..i see."

So they continue their conversation until it is dawn, so before they go on their separate ways. Arron has exchange number with Sarah. So they can contact each other since Aaron had volunteer himself to bring Sarah see all the places where tourist go.
After they go separate ways, Sarah could help but thinking that Aaron really is a good person. She was glad to be able to meet new people there. And she hope that she could have a nice day for tomorrow.