Ch.4 -We are never ever ever getting together-

June 6th, 2013

You know, I hate when something significant happens in my life because it always leads up to some type of dumbass drama. I hate it. These past 2 days I actually thought about my future. For example, what would happen if I either were to start dating Alejandro or Demetrius? And this is what I've come up with so far...

PATHWAY A (Alejandro): Kissing -> Making Out -> Sexy Time -> Sexy Spanish Speaking -> More Sexy Time -> Romantic Candle Light Dinners

PATHWAY B (Demetrius): Talking -> Cuddling -> Sexy British Accent -> Kissing -> Eating Candy -> Watching Movies -> Going On Fun Dates -> Dancing In Our Underwear -> Making Out

Since I’m useless at things like these I have to have a second opinion (maybe third) on everything romantic. So of course after having my head down on a soft pillow after 2 days I asked Ariel what the hell I should do. I knew her opinion was going to be a little biased but not so much that she wasn’t speaking English anymore. I’m pretty sure there was some Spanish possibly German if I’m not mistaken. As my second opinion I called Finn for advice and to see how he was doing. (I’m not that bad of a friend that I’m too wrapped up in my own emotional problems to care about my friends).

“Hi, Finn!”

“Hey Ty-Ty.”

The most horrible and embarrassing nickname known to man. Finn insisted to use it for some odd reason that I couldn’t care less about. It’s still embarrassing because I’m a man. And men don’t have friggin’ embarrassing names like ‘Ty-Ty’. Anyway, we’re getting away from the focus of the story…

“How have you been? I haven’t seen you in what feels like forever.”

“I haven’t been anything instead of playing violent video games as usual. What’s up with you? Anything exciting happen yet?”

I bit my lower lip. “Well, I do kind of have this problem…”

I told him everything about Demetrius and Alejandro, my current situation, and how I’ve learned Spanish a little bit of Spanish from Ariel which is never a good thing to do.

Finn was silent for a minute.  I understood. It was a very hard thing to wrap your head around. “So, basically you’re trying to decide between what seems to me like ‘the man whore’ and ‘good girl gone bad’ type of thing.  Tyler, your life could be a book honestly. Where do you find these people?”

I sighed. “Alas, my dear Finnegan, I don’t want to choose between my sexy Spanish/Welsh knight in shining armor or my gummy bear loving mysterious bad boy Demetrius. It’s too much…”

“You sound like a teenage girl. Dude, we’re guys. Gay guys at that, we shouldn’t be worrying about this type of stuff. Just let the girls worry about it. Did you ask Ariel about what she thinks?”

“Of course I did, but she said some things in different languages that I don’t think are too appropriate. What do you think I should do Finn?”

“Hm…two guys…two amazing hot guys…I think you should make a little experiment. I say confront Alejandro about his past and see whether he’s worth your time or not. If he is set up a date with him a give him a chance but if he isn’t kick him in the balls. As for Demetrius, you’ve hung out with him enough to know whether or not you want to be with him. You like him but you’re too afraid to mess up the friendship. I get that but just try. One date for each and see how it goes.”

I smiled. “Thanks Finn.”

“No problem. I was made for this, gay couple’s counselor how may I assist you?”

We both laughed.  “I’d most likely be the source of you success. Now enough about me, what about you? See anybody you like?”

He chuckled. “Tyler, you know no one wants to be with me. Even if this is for some puppy love middle school phase.  People don’t want to waste their time with me.”

“Don’t say that, Finny! There at least has to be one person in our town that you have to remotely like.”

He sighed. “Fine. There’s this one boy. He has this auburn hair that looks so soft; like you could sleep on it. His eyes are wonderful. They’re like this grayish, blue type of color. I can’t really explain it. He’s too beautiful. I think he’s going to high school like Ariel next year. I wonder what will happen to us in high school.”

“I don’t know.”

“It’s a much bigger scene and more diverse. I feel like not everyone will be as judgmental in high school as they were in middle school. People mature.”

“You should be a motivational speaker. You’re so damn inspirational.”

He laughed. “I know. Hey Ty, can I call you back later? Mom is calling me for dinner.”

“Sure. Bye, Finny.”

“Bye Ty-Ty.”

Now all I have to do is follow Finn’s instructions. How hard could that be?