Ch.18 -Happy Birthday To Me-

Oh My Goodness! It looks like it's the last chapter of the story! You better read this very slowly and don't get ahead of yourself, friend. 

August 13th, 2013

Hey, Diary! Guess what today was. MY FUCKING BIRTHDAY! Yay! I have officially turned 14 years old and I found out today that my zodiac sign was a Leo. I'll be sure to look it up later but whatever. Today, the only friends I have came over to help me celebrate. Mom baked me a delicious chocolate lave cake type thing. She also told me that she didn't know what I wanted for my birthday so we would go out tomorrow and get whatever I wanted. We ate the cake and my only friends started to hand me my birthday presents. Finn got me a DVD of one of my favorite shows in the world (Teen wolf)  and a set of pajammas that I love to death. Ariel got me an art kit with new paint brushes, a sketch book, those art pencils, and a canvas for painting. Then it finally came down to Demetrius. 

I grabbed the little box he handed me and started to open it. Once you removed the tissue paper in the box sat one of those stupid heart  friendship necklaces. On my half it said 'Best'. I turned to Demetrius with a frown on my face. "So where's the other half of the necklace?"

He smiled, pulling the other half of the necklace out from his shirt. "I'm wearing it."

I groaned at first then laughed. "Thank you for this terrible." I gave him a quick kiss on the lips as another thank you. 

"Hey!" Finn said slightly irritated. I turned my head to him confused.

"Where's our kiss?" Ariel butt in with her arms crossed. 

I rolled my eyes but got up and both gave them a kiss on the cheek. 

You know, this summer has shown me a lot. That even though someone way not show it or say it that they may secretly love you. Now, I usually hate my birthday but I can say honestly that spending the whole day with my best friends that actually care about me is the best birthday gift anyone can ever give me. Besides money. Diary, I hope you had a good summer because I feel like once school starts again everything will start to flare up again. This time I'll be in the 8th grade but you know what? I'm not afraid this time around. I have a new goals. A new attitude. And a new outlook on life. Anything can happen.