Chapter Twenty Three

~Alex~

We drove for hours until we got to a place called Faming Gorge. When we first got there it looked like nothing special, but I was wrong. As Landon and Lexie got the boat off the trailer, Asher, Zander and I were setting up a tent. More like Zander and Asher set up the tent as I tried to figure out how to build a tent.

"I'm sorry I'm not helping." I told them as they were finishing up.

"It's okay, you've never done this before." Said Zander smiling at me. "Can I see your phone?" He asked me.

"Sure." I said handing him my phone. He smiled at the phone and then handed it to Landon and ran at me picking me up.

"I hope you like swimming." He said as he ran towards the lake.

"Zander put me down!" I said, but it was to late. He ran down to the end of the dock and dropped me into the chilly lake.

It wasn't a cold day by any means, it was about ninety degrees, but the lake was still cold. I laughed and floated up to the surface of the water on my back. "I'm glad you took my phone first." I said smiling as I pulled myself up out of the lake.

"You're welcome." He laughed sitting down next to me on the dock. We looked out over the water. "It's pretty up here." He said.

I nodded. "Yeah." I looked over at him, when he wasn't paying attention I pushed him off the edge of the dock into the water.

"I thought it would be warmer." He said floating up to the top of the water. He laughed and swam around.

"Come on guys! Let's go boating!" Called Landon, we had been so busy swimming we hadn't noticed they had got the boat in the water.

Zander climbed out of the water and dried off the best he could. We walked over to the boat getting in with everyone else. Landon started the boat and for awhile we just boated around. The feeling of boating was different, it felt free.

Besides feeling free Flaming Gorge was beautiful. It had red rock surrounding the lake and it all just felt calming. Landon slowed down the boat. "I'm going fishing." He said as he stood up and looked around. "This looks like a good spot."

Lexie stood up and looked over the side of the boat. "How did you two like your swim?" She asked me and Zander.

I shrugged. "A little chilly."

"You should do it anyways." Said Zander smiling as he leaned over and dragged his hand through the water.

"What do you say Asher? Want to take a swim with me?" Lexie asked as she turned to face Asher, who promptly shook his head.

"I'm going swimming." Said Zander taking off his shirt and then jumping over the edge of the boat into the cool water below. Lexie nodded and got in as well.

"Are you not a fan of the water?" I asked Asher turning towards him. Landon was fishing off the side of the boat now.

Asher sighed and walked over to me looking down. "I guess you could say that." He said running his hand through his purple and blur hair. I always wondered why he dyed his hair such outrageous colors, it was worse that Lexie's.

"I almost forgot." Said Zander swimming over to the side of the boat. "Here, put these on the boat." He said handing me his earrings, gauges and snakebites. "I don't want them to rust." He said floating back out by Lexie.

I carefully placed them all inside a compartment where the water couldn't reach them. I then turned back to Asher. "You seem down today."

"Nah, I'm just not a fan of the water." He said. Landon laughed and turned to look at us, Asher glared at him.