Chapter Twelve

~Lexie~

After going through airport security, which took a long time we just sat and waited in a terminal. "Is it just this slow because it's the holidays?" I asked. Alex nodded and sighed.

We just waited and waited until we could finally board the plane. Alex's parents got us all seats together. I sat on the isle, Alex in the middle and, Zander at the window.

I listened to the flight attendant talk about safety on the plane. I wondered how much she got payed for doing that, probably not very much.

When we finally took off I was grateful we were finally going somewhere. Alex and Zander were talking about something and I just wanted to sleep. I was also still sad about Ol' Red, although I knew I'd get over it one day.

"I hate it when planes take off." Said Zander, "It kills." He said looking back out the window. We didn't have much to say. Then Zander smiled at us. "Since it's Christmas time, and that's the best time of the year, and we forgot to do this on Thanksgiving, we need to say what were thankful for."

"Yeah it's called Thanksgiving for a reason." I said. "But better late then never right?" I smiled, mostly I just wanted something to do.

"Okay I'll go first." Said Zander, "I am grateful... For my amazing boyfriend Alex and my fantastic friend Lexie! I am also thankful that my parents are so great and accept me for who I am. I'm also thankful for Snickers, because those things are just outright amazing." He smiled as he finished.

I smiled, "Okay now me. I am thankful for meeting Alex this year and him being so nice and friendly. Also that Zander has stick by me all these years even though I'm crazy. Also, even though 'Old Red passed on, I'm thankful I didn't die in that car crash." I smiled softly and sighed. "He will forever be missed."

Alex sighed, "Forever in out hearts." I think he truly understood how much Ol' Red meant to me. "Okay, so I'm thankful for meeting both of you guys. You are the best friends I've ever had." He kissed Zander's cheek. "And you are the best boyfriend I could ever ask for. I'm grateful I get to spend Christmas with you too and I'm grateful that the school year is almost half way over." We laughed.

・・・

Five hours and twenty five minutes later we landed in LA. Alex laughed and told us we were gonna get mugged, but he was joking. Probably.

We got our bags and walked outside of the airport into the parking lot. It was so hot and it was still daytime, it would've been night back in New Jersey by now.

"Ah LA, how I've missed you." He smiled, "This is what I call home guys." He smiled and gestured around to the big city. "Come on now, my parents don't like to be shabby." He said leading us to a limo.

"I really need to thank your parents, they didn't need to go through this much trouble." Said Zander as we started driving.

"Once you meet them you'll realize this is no big deal." Alex laughed. When we pulled up to a huge mansion Alex thanked the diver and Zander and I just stared with our mouths open at the house. It was unlike any house I'd even seen before.

We walked inside and it was just like I'd imagined it. Hardwood floors and a spiral staircase up to the second level. The back wall was all windows which showed a pool and bright green grass in the yard. Right in the foyer there was a large Christmas tree reaching up almost to the top of the vaulted ceiling.

There was the clicking of heels on the wood and in walked, who I was guessing, Alex's mom. She walked over and and gave Alex a hug and he introduced us. She smiled and nodded and said she had to get back to work then left is alone standing in the large foyer.

Just then a dog barked and came running at Alex jumping up on him and knocking him over, licking his face. "Down Winston!" He said laughing as he pushed the dog off him. "Guys this is my dog, Winston. He's a Bernese Mountain Dog." He smiled and stood up.

I knelt down along with Zander and scratched behind Winston's ears. "Aww! He's so cute!" I said smiling.

"Thanks." He smiled at me. "Want to see the house?" He asked, we nodded.

He took us around and showed us the two dining rooms, "One's formal, one's not." . When we got throughout the bottom half we walked upstairs and he showed us our rooms. He and Zander were going to share a room and I was in the one next door.

After he showed us his whole house we were sitting outside on the grass. "What do you guys want to do?" Asked Alex.

"I want to go to sleep." I laughed.

"Oh good the time change isn't only messing with me." Zander said smiling.

"It's messing with me too." Alex agreed. "Tomorrow we could go to the Hollywood walk of fame." Said Alex. "Or we could go to the beach. Or hang out here, or go to LA, or Hollywood." He smiled at us, running a hand through his hair.

"I don't even know." Zander said chuckling, "They all sound great."

"We'll figure something out." Said Alex smiling then he jumped up. "You guys need something eat." He said as we all went inside and sat at in the dining room, which was for informal occasions. Alex's dad walked in.

"Dad, it's so nice of you to join us for dinner." Said Alex happily.

His dad smiled, "Well I thought since it is my favorite tonight, I'd join you kids." He said sitting down.

We ate cauliflower soup and it was cooked to perfection. It felt weird to be waited upon. At home I had to do most things myself, I thought it was cool how people lived like this, and this house was pretty amazing.

When we were finished, we were stuffed with soup. We all walked upstairs where we put on pajamas and Zander was almost half asleep, but Alex suggested we watch a movie and we ended up watching Forrest Gump.

"I know what we should do, we should go to Bubba-Gump Shrimp!" Said Alex. I nodded but was still so full I couldn't think about eating.

Zander looked up at Alex and sighed. "Look at that big gigantic star." He said pointing out the open window at the moon we laughed.

"That's the moon silly." Said Alex.

Zander shook his head, "It's a huge star..." He said sleepily. We laughed and put him in the bed.

"That's the weirdest thing I've heard him say when he's half asleep." I said laughing.

Alex smiled, "It's a good one."

I walked back to my room and turned off the lights and crawled into bed. It was a good day and I got to spend it with my two best friends. As soon as my head hit that pillow it was lights out for me.