Chapter Thirteen

~Zander~

I woke up to sunlight flooding in through the windows and something furry up against me. I opened my eyes and saw Winston snuggled up against me, separating me from Alex. I smiled softly and rolled over onto my back looking at the ceiling. Alex's house was nice.

Winston jumped up and barked like crazy then ran out of the room. Alex sat up with his adorable bed head. "Woah I forgot I was back home for a minute." He laughed and smoothed down his hair.

"Your dog is crazy." I said laughing as I sat up and closed my eyes.

"The time change is messing with you isn't it?" He asked me. I nodded and smiled. "What should we do today?" He asked me.

"I don't know. Ask Lexie." I shrugged. I opened my eyes and smiled at him, he smiled back with that amazing smile. "What do you want to do today?" I asked him.

"Well I don't care, I've done it all before. I want you and Lexie to decide." He said standing up and stretching. "I'm going to go take a shower, you can use any bathroom up here if you want to take one too. Oh and tell Lexie that too." He said walking out of the room.

I stood up and walked over to Lexie's room just walking in. She was laying on the bed on her back asleep, drooling. I walked over and shook her and she sat up. "It's to early." She said.

"No it's nine thirty." I laughed and sat next to her on the bed. "Dude Alex's house is so cool."

She nodded. "It's huge, biggest house I've been in." She laughed.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked her.

"Can we go shopping? I've always wanted too go shopping in LA." She laughed.

"Yeah it will be fun! We'll tell Alex when he gets out of the shower." I stood, "He said you can use any bathroom you want." I smiled and walked out to get ready for the day.

・・・

After we all got dressed and stuff I started fixing my hair. It took awhile. Lexie came and sat on the bed. "You know what you should do?" She asked, I shook my head. "Cut your hair." I laughed.

"That's a good joke." I said as Alex walked into the room.

"Have you guys decided what we're doing today?" He asked us. Lexie nodded.

"Yeah, we think shopping." She told him.

"There's some great stores." He said smiling.

I finished my hair. "Yeah and I'm tired of your polo shirts and kakis." I said turning around.

"Since when have I ever worn a polo and kakis?" He asked.

"Um when haven't you?" Asked Lexie.

He shrugged, "There's nothing better to wear!"

"I'm going to find you good clothes, it's my mission." I laughed.

・・・

We got home from the gigantic mall with a bunch of clothes. We walked in through Alex's front door and dropped them on the floor, tired from carrying them all.

"How will we ever get all this on the plane back?" Asked Lexie.

Alex shrugged, "We ship it today." He replied laughed.

I laughed, "That's always a good plan." I said smiling.

Alex looked at his phone. "It's already ten. I guess that really was a full day of shopping."

Lexie yawned, "I'm so tired."

Alex smiled, "Me too." He said glancing at me, I nodded in agreement.

We all walked upstairs and two our bedrooms. Even though I agreed, I wasn't exactly tired. I sat on the bed and listened to Alex's steady breathing.

I looked at the clock. Ten thirty. Eleven. Eleven thirty. Midnight. I couldn't take it anymore. I got up and walked over to the window looking outside across Alex backyard. They had a tennis court I'd never noticed before.

There was a movement from the bed and I turned to see Alex sitting up looking at me. "Oh sorry did I wake you?" I asked quietly.

He shook his head and smiled softly, "I woke myself up." I laughed quietly and looked back outside. "Can't sleep?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "I'm not tired." I said. A few moments of silence passed as I stood there looking outside. I could feel Alex looking at me.

"Let's go swimming." He said. I looked at him. "Please it will be fun." He said standing up.

I shrugged "Okay." I said.

"Put on your swimsuit and meet me outside. Oh and by the way merry Christmas Eve." He said smiling as he left the room.

I smiled and grabbed my swim trunks putting them on, then quietly walking down the stairs. I walked outside and over to the pool. It was big and nice.

Alex walked out in his swim suit, holding a bottle of wine. He smiled, "I took this from my patents, they will never know." He said standing next to me. He looked at the pool. "It shouldn't be too cold, the water is heated." He said stepping into the pool.

I followed him in and he set the wine on the side of the pool and dove under the water popping up a few feet away. "What are you waiting for?" He asked laughing splashing me with some water.

I laughed and swam over to him, "A personal invitation." I joked and kissed his cheek. He smiled and looked at me.

"Zander can I just say you are one of the best people I have ever met in my life." He said laughing.

"Same too you." I said smiling and splashing him slightly. He laughed.

He swam back over to the wine bottle and opened it. "Come over here and share this with me." He said.

I swam back over to him as he took a drink from the bottle. "I got the good stuff." He said.

I took the bottle from him and drank some, it was pretty good I have to admit. "So you've done this before?" I asked him.

He shrugged, "Tonight's a special occasion." He said smiling.

I looked at him and smiled. "We better make it special then." I said.