Chapter Fourteen

~Alex~

After leaving LA and getting back home, we fell back into our normal routine. It was New Year's Eve and Landon was having a party thing tonight. Zander had been sleeping most if the day and Lexie hasn't been around. Zander's phone vibrated and I looked at it. Could I snoop through my boyfriends phone?

I picked it up it was a text from Landon asking about when we we're coming over for the party. I went and looked through his texts. It was a lot of nothing. Just talking about life and Landon's photo adventures as I'd learn to call them.

I turned off his phone and looked out the window. There was snow covering the ground. Just then Lexie walked in. "Alex can I have a favor?" She asked. I looked at her.

"Yeah what is it?" I asked. Zander sat up and looked around.

"Excuse me, some people are trying to sleep." Said Zander.

"Yeah well it's three in the afternoon." Said Lexie. "Oh and I was wondering if you would drive me to the car dealer place because Ol' Red died, I need a new car, and my mom gave me money to get one."

"You're getting a new car?" Asked Zander yawning.

Lexie nodded, "I was thinking a cobalt, but maybe another truck because that's what I'm used too."

I smiled, "Okay let's go." I said. Mostly happy to get out of the dorm, I would agree to anything at this point.

"Want to come sleepy boy?" Asked Lexie. Zander shook his head.

"Come get me when we're going to the party 'cause then I can wear my pajamas." He said laying back down.

I laughed and me and Lexie walked out to my car. "Thanks Alex." She said. "This'll be fun." She said.

I nodded as we got in the car. We started driving towards the dealership when Lexie gasped. "Oh my god! Looked at that!" She said pointing to an old car on the side of the road with a for sale sign in the window.

It was a mint green truck, or maybe car I couldn't tell. "Pull over I have to check this out." She said. I pulled over and se got out and looked at it. "Sun bleached seats, old. It's old." She said she sounded happy.

"Lexie, don't you think it would be better to get a car you don't have to restore?" I asked her, "This is from like the fifties."

"Everyone's always happy in the fifties." She said then rolled her eyes. "This is a relic." She said. She pulled out her phone then dialed the number.

After she talked to the guy for awhile a man came out of the house behind it and walked up to us.

"You'd like to purchase this car?" He laughed.

Lexie rolled her eyes. "I'll show you this will be the best car it can be. It will be better than when it was in its prime!" She said.

The guy shook his head, "Alright, whatever you say. Just pay up." He said.

Lexie payed him and then he gave her the key and the paperwork. Lexie got in the car and looked at me. "I'll meet you at home." She said. She started the car and it sounded terrible but it ran.

As she drive off down the street then man looked at me, "Is that your girl? She a hot catch!" He said laughing as he went back inside.

I sighed and got into my car. People. At least it was the last day of the year, maybe next year they'll change... Nah.

•••

Later that evening, at Landon's house, we all sat around the fireplace. Zander was in his Christmas pajamas and we were all drinking hot chocolate.

Landon looked around. "You guys are like my second family. My family away from home you know?" He said.

"Well you guys are like my first family." Said Lexie laughing.

Zander looked at the clock, "What do you guys want to do? We still have three more hours."

"You should tell them the Cooper story." Said Lexie laughing.

"You were there too, you could tell them." He said.

"Yeah but I like your dramatic flare." Said Lexie.

"I'm interested in this Cooper story, do tell." Said Landon.

Zander laughed, "Okay fine. So Lexie and I hand this friend named Cooper."

"Was he cute?" Asked Landon.

"Eh." Zander shrugged. "He was pretty cute I guess." He laughed. "Anyways, we were driving."

"Well that's never good." I said. We laughed as Zander continued.

"Lexie was in the front and I was shotgun. We were at a red light. Cooper was driving and at the time, I admit, I had a slight crush on him. We were really close too so everything was chill." He said.

"Dramatic flare." Said Lexie laughing.

"The light... It was so red... It made me believe... I could do anything..." Said Zander in an overly dramatic voice. "Point is I said 'Wanna see something?' Then stuck my hand in his crotch." We all laughed.

"You should've seen his face." Said Lexie. We laughed for awhile then Landon suggested we play Monopoly. We agreed and finished our game fifteen minutes before midnight. Lexie won.

"Perfect timing." Said Zander. "Oh yeah and I forgot to tell you, I don't have cider so I hope vodka works." He said standing up.

"Are you kidding?! That works even better." Said Zander.

"I agree." I said laughing as Landon walked to the kitchen.

Lexie smiled, "Resolutions?" She asked us.

Zander smiled, "Mine is to not stress so much about class, relax more." He said putting his arm around me. "Spend more time with Alex."

"You Alex?" Asked Lexie.

"Strengthen the relationship between me and my parents." I said then laughed. "Or is that to lame?" I asked.

"No that's a good one." Said Landon walking back in with four glasses of vodka.

"You Landon?" Asked Lexie.

"Mine is to not drink alcohol for six months, so after tonight no more until summer."

"Bless your soul." Said Lexie.

"You Lexie?" He asked.

"Mine are to do better in school, and be nicer to my roommate." She laughed.

"Those are good." I said.

"Yeah." She smiled. "Only one minute."

Zander looked at me, "I love you." He said.

"This is kinda an odd time." I laughed.

"It's the last time I'll get to say it to you this year." He smiled.

"Oh in that case, I love you too." I said.

"Okay love doves,count down with us." Said Lexie laughing.

Ten... Nine... Eight... Seven... Six... Five... Four... Three... Two... One.

"Happy new year!" We said as we clinked our glasses and took a sip of vodka.

"I hope this year is better than last year." I said taking another sip.

"How could it be better? Last year is when you met me!" Said Zander laughing before he leaned over and kissed me.

He tasted like vodka, but it was the sweetest kiss in this year, so far.