Chapter Seventeen

~Alex~

I sat at the diner for a long time. The rain slowly fell outside and Mabeline gave me a malt and told me to spill my troubles right as Lexie barged in through the front door, soaking wet. "Alex!" She cried running over to me. "I've been looking all over for you. You never texted me again. I need to know all the details. All of them." She said.

"I just..." I started then looked down as the bright colors of the countertop blurred together and my eyes filled with tears. I wiped my eyes with my jacket sleeve and quickly said, "Zander and Landon made out." That was simply all, what more was there to tell.

I could feel Lexie and Mabeline watching me, Lexie threw her arms around me locking me in a tight hug. "Oh my god, why would he do this? This is terrible." She said, I could tell that she genuinely meant it too.

I glanced at her, I didn't notice her pink hair at first. "I like your hair." I said.

"Thanks." She laughed softly, "It was this really awesome person's idea." She said.

I smiled softly at her, and then wondered about Zander, also Landon, he seemed to sweet to do all of this. What if I just thought this up, what if my mind was deceiving me. I looked at Lexie, "What do I do?" I asked her.

"You need to talk to Zander." She said.

"I'm going to break up with him." I said.

"But you guys are so perfect for each other." Said Lexie looking at me.

"No I'm going to." I said standing up and walking to my range rover. Lexie followed me put into the pouring rain.

"Alex wait!" But I had already gotten in my car and driven away. I drove back to the college slowly, not wanting to do this.

When I got to the dorm room I got out my key about to put it in the door when I heard footsteps running down the hall, "Wait! Wait!" It was Landon, "Don't be mad at Zander! This is all my fault it was a dare, it was stupid I know. I'm stupid, just please don't be mad at Zander he loves you so much." He said all in one breath.

"Landon, I wouldn't have cared if you had just kissed him, like just a peck but it was they way you guys kissed." I said looking at him.

"No. You don't understand this is my fault. All of it is mine." He said.

"You guys just kissed like you were really in love, and I can't date someone who has feelings for someone else." I said unlocking the dorm and walking inside.

Zander was sitting on the bed head in his hands, he jumped up when he heard me walk in. "Oh my god Alex, oh my god. I feel so bad, I'm so sorry." He said.

"Zander I..." I sighed looking down it was hard for me to say.

"Don't do it Alex, Zander and I aren't in love." Said Landon again standing behind me in the hall.

"We need to break up." I said looking at Zander. You could see the hurt on his face, probably on mine too.

"Okay." Said Zander softly. "I'm going for a walk." He said as he left the dorm room.

"Why did you do that?" Asked Landon, "It was a dare I was stupid." He said.

"No Landon, it was a dare that could've been just fine but it was just the way he was kissing you..." I said sighing and shaking my head.

"Whatever." Said Landon and he ran after Zander. I shut to door and cried. I had just let Zander go, just like that. I walked over to our bed and pushed it apart creating the two twin beds it was originally. I sat down in my bed and curled up in a ball pulling the covers over my head.

I didn't think I'd go to class tomorrow. I closed my eyes, I didn't want to leave this bed, ever. I took off my shirt closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep.