Chapter Four

~Alex~

I felt like my life has been crashed by the completely hot Zander and Lexie the... party girl.

After a long month and a half of school work I felt like Lexie and Zander were growing on me. They always invited me everywhere.

I always wondered why. Did they just like me that much? Did they like my money that much? Was I hot? I don't think so.

The dorm door unlocked and Zander walked across the room slinging his guitar onto his bed. His dark hair fell over his face and covered his eyes. He rarely had it like that. It usually didn't cover his eyes.

He gave me a smile that made my heart skip a beat. I wasn't shy of my sexuality, but then again Zander was new to me. Maybe he is homophobic. I mentally crossed my fingers that he wasn't.

"How was English today?" He asked pulling some sheets of music out of his guitar case.

"Same old same old." I said, English was pretty boring this week.

"Whatcha been doing in it?" He asked not so much as glancing my way.

"Reading Shakespeare." I replied.

"Oooo! Want to read me some?" He asked moving his guitar case and flopping down on his bed.

I couldn't help but laugh. "You really want to hear?" I asked. Even I didn't like reading or listening to Shakespeare.

He nodded. "Please?" He asked looking over at me.

"Fine." I pulled out the script we were supposed to be reading. Romeo and Juliet.

"Two households, both alike in dignity,

In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,

From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,

Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean." I looked at Zander he seemed to be listening contently. I shrugged and continued reading through scene one.

When I finally got to the end of scene one I looked up at him. The painfully long scene was finally over. He smiled at me and I looked down making my hair fall over my eyes.

"You have good reading skills." He said "I can't even read Shakespeare." He let out a low chuckle that sent chills up my spine. I didn't like how much effect he had on me by just laughing.

"Thanks..." I said quietly I heard him shuffle around his sheets of music.

"Maybe some day I'll have to play a song for you in return."

The door swung open and Lexie walked in. She looked her usual self, leggings, tank top, hair in a bun. Lexie had some how acquired a key to our dorm but, honestly I didn't care.

"What are you guys doing?" She asked standing in the door way.

"Reading Shakespeare!" Zander said happily. He sat up. "What are you doing?" He asked.

Lexie squealed with joy and said something in Mandarin. Zander blushed and told her to shut up. I wish I'd payed better attention when I took Chinese. But she was saying something about reading and cuteness...

"Oh right I'm here to take your lazy asses to a party!" She said placing a hand on her hip.

Zander groaned, "I was hoping to avoid those this year! Don't you remember the gold fish incident? You grabbed the fish out of the tank and dropped it down the hosts shirt!"

"HEY! I was drunk that doesn't count!"

"Okay what about the comic book one? Or the Russian one? Or that time-"

"Okay okay so there's been a lot of incidents! Please?" She asked.

I'd never been to a party. I was the loser that never got invited. The GAY loser. I had no friends which wasn't surprising. People pretended to be my friends for my money. They wanted stuff, they didn't actually like me.

I'd never even had a boyfriend. Crushes yes. The closest I'd ever gotten to a boyfriend was this one time this guy asked me out as a sick joke.

"Fine." I said finally. "I'll go." I guess that I should force myself out of my comfort zone more often.

"I guess I'll come too." Said Zander. Lexie smiled and laughed leading us outside.

Once we were all seating in old red and Lexie started driving Zander asked where the party was. Lexie laughed quietly.

"Zander you'll love it especially. It's in the next town over."

"No! Is it... Lexie..." He sounded disappointed.

"You're going to have to talk to him eventually so why not tonight. Besides you can be half drunk while you do it!" She giggled. "And you know he has the best parties in town! Haven't you seem him at school lately?"

"Yeah I saw him the other day..." Said Zander looking down and groaning.

"If you don't mind me asking who is he?" I interjected into their conversation.

"You'll see soon enough, there's his house." Lexie gestured to a large house lit up from all the lights inside.

I silently sighed. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.