Chapter Twenty One

~Lexie~

I had graduated college. I never thought I would be about to do it, but now we were having a party at Landon's house. Besides having a degree in Russian I was also engaged to Filipp and had my whole summer planed out. No more Amy, no more college I was finally done.

"I'd like to make a toast." Said Landon smiling and looking around to each of us. "To Lexie graduating, to a fantastic school year and to all of you guys!" He said. We all raised our glasses of apple cider and then drank.

"I can't believe I've actually done it!" I said happily. "My dad would be so proud." I said smiling.

"He would." Said Zander hugging me.

"And I can't believe next week were going to Utah and then I'll be moving to Russia." I smiled, "I need to go say bye to Mabeline!"

I stood up from the couch. "I have to go say bye to her now because I'm afraid I won't have time in between all that packing." I said.

"Okay, we have all summer to hang out." Said Landon. I smiled and ran out to my car. I continued smiling as I got in and drove to the diner.

"Mabeline! Mabeline!" I said running into the diner. Mabeline smiled from behind the counter. "Mabeline! I'm moving to Russia and I had to come say bye to you before..." I stopped and reached across the counter hugging her.

"I'm going to miss you so much dear." She said hugging me tighter.

I started to tear up, realizing what I was doing. Everyone here was my family, New Jersey was my home. I let go of Mabeline and sat down at the bar crying.

"What are you crying for? Russia will be great! You'll finally get to meet Filipp." She said looking at me.

"I know but," I wiped my eyes, "I'll miss all of you guys. I'm leaving next week for Utah and not coming back to New Jersey." I looked down.

"Let me make you a malt." Said Mabeline as she turned to go make a malt. I had the realization that I would have to give away my car. Zander would get that, definitely. I sighed as Mabeline brought me a malt. "It's on me." She smiled.

"Thanks Mabeline. This will be my last for awhile." I said taking a sip.

"I want you to have fun when you move. I know Alex and Zander will want you to have fun too so you go have fun." She said.

"Thanks Mabeline, you always know what to say." I said smiling as I drank the malt. "I hope they have malts in Russia." I sighed.

"I bet you can find a diner and find and someone like me to talk to." She said laughing.

I laughed, "Thanks but no one could replace you Mabeline."

***

Zander and Alex had moved all their stuff to Landon's house because they were planning on buying a house after the summer. I had my stuff in piles around Landon's house, deciding what to keep and what not to keep.

"I'm giving away like three quarters of my clothes." I said laughing as I set them in a pile. I didn't really have much. I had sold my textbooks online and so now I had clothes and a seat cover from Ol' Red.

"Are you really gonna keep the seat cover?" Asked Zander.

"It's my only memory of my dad." I said sighing, "And this picture." It was of me my older brother, Luke, and my dad. My little step sisters, Genna, Sandra and Rose weren't born and my step dad, George, wasn't there to annoy me.

"How's your family Lexie?" Asked Alex.

"One of them is dead and the other one's in jail." I said looking at him, "I don't count step family as family and I don't know about my mom."

"How's Luke?" Asked Zander.

"He's fine, last time I talked to him." I shrugged. "He should be out of jail by next winter."

"Six years already?" Asked Zander. I nodded.

"How's your family Alex?" I asked.

"My parents haven't spoken to me in awhile." Said Alex, "All I've gotten is a postcard from the Bahamas." He shrugged.

"You Zander?" I asked.

"My parents are great. Carson and Abby are still in love." Zander laughed and smiled.

Asher walked into the living room, "Landon grilled some pork chops and says you guys better come eat them."

"Pork chops are the best!" I said smiling and standing up to walk to the kitchen. I was happy to be surrounded by my friends.