Chapter Nineteen

~Zander~

It had been six weeks since Alex and I broke up, I had been with Andy for a month. We were sitting in his small apartment. Andy kept glancing at me smiling, we were watching Spider-Man. We had started out just watching one, but one turned into all three.

Once the third Spider-Man finished it smiled at Andy and leaned over so I was close to him, "I should probably go now." I said giving him a soft kiss.

"Can't you just stay?" He asked, "Tomorrow is Saturday after all, and I don't want you to leave." He said looking at me.

"Fine I'll stay." I said sitting back up and smiling at him.

He smiled, "Can I look at your tattoos?" He asked laughing, he'd been asking for awhile not to see them.

I nodded and tugged off my sweatshirt and shirt so he could see my tattoos clearly. He smiled and turned to face me so he could get a better veiw.

I remembered how Alex was so interested in my tattoos too. I could almost feel his fingers tracing them. I could hear his laugh and see his beautiful smile.

I was so caught up in my daydream I didn't even hear Andy talking. "I'm sorry, what?" I asked him I had totally just zoned out.

"Oh it was nothing." He said his face flushed, "What were you thinking about?" He asked me.

"About us." Lies. I was thinking about the complete opposite of us. He smiled at me and soon we were locked in a passionate kiss. He slowly started kissing around my jawline.

When he got close to my ear he whispered softly, "I've never been with a dude like this before." I smiled softly and wrapped my arms around his slim frame, pulling him back into another kiss.

・・・

It took me a long time to realize I couldn't do it, it took me all the way until we were both in our boxers.

Andy was holding me down and kissing me and when the kiss broke I looked up at him, "I don't think this is a good idea." I said.

"Why not?" He frowned slightly.

"I can't do it." I said ashamed, I knew it would probably break his heart.

"Oh okay." He said simply standing up. "What I almost said to you earlier is that I was bi-curious, I was nervous about this whole thing." He said trying to laugh it off awkwardly, his hand rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh. Well I'm sorry, but I'm still in love with Alex." I said looking down as I stood up and got dressed. "And I need to go tell him that right now, I'm sorry Andy."

He smiled and gave me a hug, "Don't be sorry." He said, I smiled and left. I started walking down the street towards campus. Andy lived about a half mile away but he drove me to his house, now I was walking back.

I couldn't just walk right in and confess my love for him, it would be sudden and forced. I waited for the light to change a single car drove down the road, but it looked familiar. I flagged it down and I was right, it was Landon.

"Zander! What are you doing out so late?" He asked as he rolled down his window.

"I left Andy's house, because I still love Alex. I just didn't have a car to get home in." I said, "What about you?"

"Me and Asher..." He trailed off, "Get in the car and I'll explain it to you." He said. I walked around and got in the passenger side if the car. We started driving in science. "I slept with him." Said Landon but his usual happy tone was replaced with a lifeless one.

"Isn't that good news?" I asked smiling at him.

"Yeah, but he was drunk I feel bad. He wouldn't stop insisting though." He said sighing, "So I'm going to make him pancakes tomorrow, but we were out of mix."

"Oh." I said as I watched the colors of the city fly by outside

"Come to Walmart with me?" Asked Landon glancing in my direction.

"Of course I will!" I said smiling.

****

Going to Walmart at two a.m. with one of your best friends is never a good idea. Landon and I walked through the isles looking for pancake mix which seemed like the hardest thing to find.

"I'm tired." I'm complained as we walked throughout Walmart.

"Let me push you in that cart." Said Landon pointing to a lone cart. We walked over and I sat inside of it. Landon quickly ran with it and let me go, I sped about twenty feet down the isle before coming to a stop. Landon stood there laughing at me.

"That was fun! Oh my god you have to do it!" I said I pushed the cart back over to him and he got in it. We continued this game giggling like little boys until we got kicked out.

On our way back to Landon's car, with his pancake mix in hand I realized I forgave him. I knew he and I would be friend and Alex and I would still be in love. It was time to put the past in the past.