Chapter Ten

~Alex~

After having a lovely Thanksgiving lunch with Zander's family. Lexie drove us home, Lexie had been quiet and hadn't said much about her family. On the way back Zander sat in the back with me but didn't say much, but that was a week or so ago.

After the kiss I still had some unanswered questions. Did he love me? That was the biggest one floating around in my head. Of course there were other ones, but I was just to shy to ask.

Zander walked in our dorm a big smile on his face. He walked across the room to his bed and set his guitar down. "Remember when you read me Shakespeare and I said I would play you a song in return?" He asked.

I nodded. That felt like a lifetime ago but really it was only like a month or two ago.

"Well I decided to play a song for you today." He said smiling. I smiled back. This was something I was waiting to hear.

He picked up his guitar and smiled, "Lay back, relax, and let me serenade you in music." He smiled. As I laid down on my back my hands behind my head and closed my eyes.

He started playing music. It was unlike anything I'd ever heard before. Soft and relaxing but somehow also loud and meaningful. It was a perfect balance of everything.

I listened carefully and smiled. When the song drew towards the end I heard the bed creak as he stood up and I heard him walk across the room still playing.

When the song was over I say up and he was standing at the end of the bed a crooked smile on his face. "I meant to ask you awhile ago, but will you be my boyfriend?" He asked pulling a rose our from behind him and handing it to me.

I smiled and crawled to the end of the bed sitting up in my knees and giving him a hug. "Of course I will." I said. He leaned down and gave me a kiss on my forehead. It seemed like everything was going my way.

•••

It was December. It was also Zander's birthday in two days. December seventh. I memorized it the day I met him. I needed to get him a gift but I didn't know what.

I looked around our dorm. We had pushed our bed together and filled the crack in with pillows creating a makeshift full sized bed.

I smiled. Every night we would snuggle and I really enjoyed it. It was like a guilty pleasure or something.

There was a knock on the door. I wondered who it was since Lexie and Zander both usually just walked in. I walked across the room and answered it, it was Landon.

"Hey is Zander here?" He asked. "I thought I'd wish him a happy birthday since I'm going on a photography trip." He smiled, that smile hardly ever seemed to leave his face.

"He's not here right now he's in class." I said looking up at Landon. Landon, all though attractive, was also slightly intimidating. If he really wanted he could beat me up and I wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

"Oh. Well when he gets back will you give him this." He handed me a box wrapped in blue paper.

"I will." I smiled, "do you think you could help me?" I asked setting the box down in the dorm.

"Yeah, what do ya need?" He asked.

"We I kinda need some help getting Zander a birthday present..." I said looking down feeling embarrassed.

"You should get him a record player." Said Landon. "He really likes music from eighties rock bands." He smiled.

"Thanks so much." I said smiling at him. He just gave me the perfect idea.

•••

Later that day while Zander and I were watching Netflix on his tablet snuggled up under the covers Lexie burst in through the door.

"Oh my go- wait sorry am I interrupting something?" She asked. Zander shook his head and I started blushing with embarrassment.

"Okay good. I get a pen pal from Russia!" She said happily. "Well I've had him for awhile and he was nice and cool, but we just sent pictures to each other and look!" She said running over to our bed holding up a photo.

The man looked about twenty or twenty-one he had a nice face and hair that was blonde and brown and was slightly curly. He also had a goatee.

"He's so hot!" She squealed. "So I decided, this summer I'm going to Russia to meet him." She smiled.

Zander smiled, "That guy is pretty cute, but not as cute as Alex." He said kissing my cheek causing me to blush.

Lexie laughed, "It's a Friday night! What are you doing at home?" She asked.

"Netflix. It's a party." I laughed.

Lexie sighed, "This is college! You get wasted and have sex, you don't watch Netflix!" She laughed. "I'm going to a party." She said walking to the door. "Have fun." She winked as she left.

Zander put his arm around me and kissed my cheek again. He chuckled and took off his shirt. "Lexie makes everything so awkward." I took this time to admire his tattoos.

"Did I ever tell you your tattoos are perfect?" I asked him. They went from his neck down his arms and some on his chest. I sat up tracing the ones on his chest absent minded.

He smiled. "Thanks. When I finish college I'm going to become a tattoo artist." He said looking at me.

I continued my tracing "I want I tattoo someday." I said looking up our eyes meeting.

"Your eyes are so beautiful." He smiled and gave me a soft kiss. "I could write a haiku about them." He thought for a moment. "My Alex's eyes// so prefect and beautiful// I love you so much." He laughed. "Points for trying? I should leave the poem writing to the English major."

"I liked it." I said, "It's like our song." I laughed.

"No I think our song is the car alarm that goes off at three in the morning." We both laughed at that.