Chapter Twenty Two

~Zander~

After the long, long drive to Utah we came to a mountain town. Lexie hadn't said much the whole trip, instead she just looked out the window. Her stuff was crammed into the back of Alex's Range Rover, the only car we could fit everything in. We had took turns driving and right now it was Landon's turn because he said we would all get lost if he didn't drive us through this part.

Alex was laying his head on my shoulder asleep and the only sound was the occasional whisper from Asher and Landon who were in the front. It was dark and the city was illuminated with little flickers of light throughout the mountains. Landon was holding Asher's hand and navigating the narrow mountain roads easily with the other.

"I've never seen anything quite like this before." Said Lexie. I looked over out the window and she was right. I nodded in agreement and saw her smile. Since I was sitting in the back middle I couldn't really see out of the windows.

"Welcome to Park City, Utah guys." Said Zander softly as he descended down the mountain. Park City was mostly a mountain with cabins everywhere. It was pretty though. Once we got to Landon's cabin we unloaded everything and went inside.

"This place is nice." Said Alex yawning as he looked around.

"We should get some rest." Suggested Landon as he lead us each to our bedrooms. I shared mine with Alex of course. Once we were in bed Alex snuggled up against me.

"You know what Zander?" He asked softly, as if already asleep.

"What?" I asked planting a soft kiss on his head.

"I want a bed that isn't two twin beds pushed together, so we can snuggle better." He said. I smiled and laughed softly.

"Me too." I said before shutting my eyes.

***

The next morning I awoke to the smell of pancakes and coffee. Alex was gone so I got up and walked to the kitchen where I saw Landon making pancakes and Asher sitting at the bar talking to him.

"Well what I mean is I've never been on a boat before." Said Asher.

"It's fun." Insisted Landon as he flipped a pancake. "We could all go camping and boating it would be awesome."

"I don't know..." Said Asher looking down. He seemed sad today.

"Please?" Asked Landon as he turned around he noticed me in the doorway. "Zander!" He said smiling. "Have some pancakes." He said holding a plate of pancakes out to me.

"Where are Lexie and Alex?" I asked him as I sat down next to Asher on the bar.

"Lexie went for a walk and Alex is in the shower." Said Asher handing me the maple syrup.

I poured syrup on the pancakes until they were nicely coated. "Oh." I said as I took a bite of the pancake. "These are really good."

"Thanks I made them from scratch!" Said Landon beaming with his usual happiness. "My sister's coming by later this morning to meet you all." He said.

"Which one?" I asked knowing he was a set of triplets with two girls.

"London." He said smiling. "Paris is still in England." He said as he took a sip of coffee. "Also I talked to the others and they think it would be fun to go camping on the lake." He said. "What do you think?" He asked.

"I think it would be great." I said smiling as I ate my pancakes. After we washed the dishes, me washing, Asher drying and, Landon putting them away, Lexie returned from her walk.

"I love the summer." She stated as sat down at the table. Alex was drinking a late morning cup of coffee. "Are we still going camping?" Asked Lexie.

"Yeah, of course we are!" Said Landon happily.

"I've never been camping before." Said Alex.

"Why not?" Asked Landon.

"My parents didn't have time for that sort of thing." He said shrugging.

"Have you ever been on a boat?" I asked.

"Does a privately owned yacht count?" He asked.

"Rich people problems." Said Lexie rolling her eyes. "Growing up poor in Detroit was hard. I felt out of place because the parents of my friends would give me disapproving looks when I went over to their houses. That's when I met Zander." She smiled laughing, "Remember how we met?" She asked.

"Yeah, it was because Shawn was bullying me and you can't over and rescued me." I said laughing.

"Those were the days." She said smiling. Not a moment later the front door opened and in walked London. She looked different than in the photos Landon had of her.

"Hey guys, sorry I just broke in but I didn't want to knock." She said. London was tall and skinny. She was wearing booty shorts and a crop top and her face was caked in makeup. "I'm London." She said as Landon introduced us all to her.

The thing was you could tell she didn't want to be here. She was bored with Landon's stories almost instantly and didn't have any to share of her own. "How are mom and dad?" Asked Landon.

"I don't know. I moved out." She shrugged. "My roommate works at a liquor store so it's all good." She said. "But Utah's laws are killing me, or more like the Mormons. They keep coming to more door and asking me to see the light or some religious shit like that. But I'm not about that life." She sighed.

"Why do you think I moved away?" Asked Landon smiling. The day dragged on until we were all sitting outside watching the sunset behind the mountains.

"You know, you dudes are pretty cool. I should hang out with you more often." Said London smiling. With that she got up and walked to her car, she flashed us a smile and then got in and drove away.