Chapter 36 • Never alone

Start from the beginning

And now it was hers.

A soft knock on the door awoke the girl from her daze. She turned around, smiling at the mint-haired man that peeked his head from behind the door.
"Hey Yoonie"

"Hey. I just wanted to see if you were back already. I cooked dinner, it will be done in five." His low voice filled her ears, automatically calming the girl.
She had grown quite attached to the man after all they'd been through, though she had grown attached to all of them.

Nodding her head, Eunha stepped closer to Yoongi, "I will come with you downstairs. What's for dinner?"

A slight smile appeared on his face as the girl grabbed his hand in hers, dragging the older along to the living room area. He tried to act like he disliked the sudden skin contact, though the pink of his cheeks betrayed him.

Eunha chuckled at the expression on his face, tightening her hold on his way larger hand. The warmth radiating from his skin was something she had to get used to at first, but she soon realized that she preferred it over the cool sensation his porcelain skin had given her in the past.

The normal wizard Yoongi in comparison to the doll Yoongi seemed a lot more real. Though even when Taehyung used his might-eater powers to break the curse and turn Yoongi back into his real self, the doll features stayed. It were his natural features after all, he was just pretty like that.

"Pasta."

The two entered the living room, a delicious smell of the soon to be devoured dinner wafting over them, "Mhm, smells good!"

She offered the man another smile, letting go of his hand so that he could check on his food in the kitchen.

Where the hall had been peacefully quiet, this part of the mansion was full of life. The warmth and love filling the walls was not something the girl was used to, though she believed none them were.

Just like how Eunha had taken on Namjoon's offer to live with him in his mansion, so had the others. The eight of them under the same roof; she couldn't be happier and as Eunha looked around her, she could tell without having to ask them that they couldn't either.

Hoseok was dancing around the room, making up his own sound-effects as he did so. The brightest heart-shaped grin was spread on his beautifully sculpted face. Even the sun would have been jealous of the amount that he shone.

Jimin was watching the angel, his body wriggling around like a spastic worm as the loudest of laughter sounded from his plump lips. The cute sight itself was enough to make Eunha giggle along with him. She would have never thought that the insanely charming elf could have another side to him that made him even more attractive.
The duality that he had was a danger to all.

Then there were Taehyung and Jungkook having an intense match of whatever game they were playing.
The two would randomly jump up in excitement when something good happened, or whine in annoyance when they risked to lose. It was quite amusing to watch, especially with the funny faces they pulled once in a while.

Jin was speaking wildly to Namjoon, his talking overpowered by his own laughter as he smacked the younger on his shoulder. Namjoon rolled his eyes, though he couldn't help but chuckle at what the prince had said; probably one of his dad-jokes. Jin seemed to have loads of them as every single conversation ended in his windshield wipers laughter.

The vampire didn't mind though, it warmed his heart to finally be surrounded by joy.

In a way all of them had been on their own; lost in the world, hurt by others. The nightmares of the past haunting the dreams of the future.

Eunha knew that for a long time, her dreams would be filled with images of the family she had lost.
As she observed the men around her however, as she saw the beauty of their raw emotions, of their true selves, it occured to her that she had not only lost loved ones, she had gained them. The seven of them were her new family.

Whatever hardship, obstacle or villain they had to face, past and future, they would do it together.

Whatever path Eunha decided to take, good or bad, she knew that seven pairs of footsteps would follow behind her. 

The group would keep each other safe, they could trust each other.
Because through the journey that was their life, they had learned one very important thing:

You're never alone.

THE END