Chapter 10 • Not a morning person

"Rise and shine, princess. You've disturbed the birds enough with your snoring, don't you think? Let's give them some peace as well, eh?" A mocking deep voice teased her ears first thing in the morning. Was it even morning?

A tired groan left the heap of pastel pink sheets, the girl hiding somewhere in between the many layers of fabric and comfortable warmth. She wriggled around, searching for an opening to stick her head out to peer into the real world. When she did, she let out another soft groan as she noticed that her room was still dark. Taehyung was casually leaning against the wall, eyes amused as he watched her try to stay awake.

"The sun is not even up, how do you expect me to move then?" Eunha mumbled in irritation. When they had decided to stay the night here, she thought she would actually be able to rest for a bit, but according to the little clock on the night stand next to her bed, she hadn't even been asleep for four hours. How was she supposed to meet the angel of her dreams if she couldn't even enter dreamland first without being disturbed?

"Because you are our sun. When you smile, the world lights up and brings good to our darkened hearts..." Eunha lifted her head from her pillow to glare at the demon. He was being way to sarcastic in the early morning. Besides, why was he teasing her so much? Had Jimin's personality rubbed off on him or something?

Taehyung took in a sharp breath as he observed the girl, "Not with that hair though. Or that drool down your chin. On second thought, maybe it is better if you stay inside to sleep. You would scare off any kind of luck coming our way looking like that."

She rolled her eyes before unconsciously wiping her chin. She considered slapping him, but in order to do that she had to climb out of her cozy bed and abandon sleep.
Yeah, not happening.

The man raised an eyebrow as he watched the girl retreat into her little cave of fluffy blankets like an old turtle retreating in its shell after concluding the world was filled with idiots.
She was just going to ignore his insults like he was no one important? How rude.

"Why is it taking you so long? Is she awake yet?" Namjoon appeared into the room, eyebrow raised in question. After taking one glance at the offended looking demon and the curled up ball of bed sheets, a soft sigh left his full lips.

"Not an easy riser, is she?"
Without waiting for a reply, the vampire walked towards the bed, swiftly picking up the bundle of fabric and human, before leaving the room.

Eunha lifted her head, peering around in confusion as she suddenly defied gravity. What was happening?

Her eyes landed on the attractive face of the man carrying her, arms securely wrapped around her as he held her in her cocoon of blankets. A charming smile spread on his face, both dimples and pointy teeth on full display.

"Morning, baby."

She resisted the urge to reach out her finger and touch the little indentations of his cheeks, fiercely staring at them in process. She had just met this man yesterday, besides, he was a vampire seeking her blood. Maybe not the smartest idea to bring her hand so close to his mouth.

"Evening."

In any other situation the girl would have been panicking over the fact that Namjoon was carrying her to God knows where. As the sleep was still evident in her body, however, the girl did nothing but let out a soft yawn. She blinked slowly as the daze she was in made her stare at nothing in particular.

A low chuckle escaped the man's lips at her response, before slowly putting her down on the sofa next to a half-sleeping Jimin. His eyelids were closed almost all the way, head falling forwards before abruptly jerking upwards as he fought to stay awake.