Chapter 27 • Freshfloaters

The group of eight made their way south to the island her brother was holding her mother captive. The journey would take about five days, depending on how fast they would walk and in all honesty, Eunha was exhausted. Apart from the fact that they had been moving for weeks without an actual rest longer than a couple of hours, there also hadn't been a day where she wasn't alone. Eunha being an introvert, this was really eating her energy.
Nevertheless, the girl reminded herself that they were all here on this journey to help her, she shouldn't be the one whining. Even though it was tough, and everything could be even tougher, there would be a time where she wouldn't have to do anything. She was kind of looking forward to that moment.

"Hey, Tae," she softly called the demon who was strolling at the back of the group. The man who had his gaze glued to his feet looked up, raising an eyebrow in question. "Yes?"

She waited for him to catch up so that the two were walking next to each other, "Thank you for waking me this morning. I forgot to tell you earlier because I was distracted, and I know it probably isn't that big of a deal, especially since the way you woke me wasn't the best, you know poking my cheek like that, but still you did it to be nice, at least I think you did, be-"

Taehyung hand shot forward to squeeze the girl's cheeks, forcing her lips into a weird fish-like pout in process, "You're rambling again, princess."

"Sowwry." Eunha mumbled, the word not coming out right because of his grip on her cheeks. Taehyung let out a deep chuckle, eyes observing her squished face with amused eyes.
Her cheeks were pink, his cool hand feeling nice on her flushed skin.
The demon leaned closer, feasting on the flustered and panicked emotions the girl emitted. Emotions that only worsened the closer the handsome male came.
She could feel his minty sharp breath fan her face, yet still he didn't stop. He wasn't going to kiss her, was he? She hoped the heck not. Because how would you react to that. They didn't have that kind of relationship. Where was Hobi when you needed him.

Right before she could go into a full-on panic attack, Taehyung surprised her by cutely bumping the points of their noses together. Then he abruptly pulled away, letting go of her face, and happily continued walking.

Eunha stood frozen for a second at his random action, but soon followed after shaking her head.
She ran the short distance to catch up to him, when she glanced up at his face she noticed it was decorated with a boxy smile. "No problem! I know you like it when I wake you! Especially when there's food."

The girl didn't really know how to react, but that was alright. Whatever that was back there, booping their noses together randomly, it seemed to have cheered him up. Or maybe it was the fact that she'd thanked him, given him her attention. Either way, she decided that having to deal with a cheerful demon was easier than with a grumpy one.

"Hey guys, where were you, you suddenly disappeared?" Hoseok questioned as soon as the duo had followed the path that turned into a sharp corner, revealing them to the group of six waiting creatures.

Yoongi observed the softly panting Eunha, her flushed cheeks, slightly widened eyes and overall confused look on her face. She seemed flustered.
The doll's eyebrows pulled in a soft frown, his dark eyes settling on the content demon, "What did you do?"

It wasn't a question, more so a statement.

Taehyung innocently shrugged his shoulders, glancing at the short human before smirking at Yoongi, "What do you mean? I didn't do anything?" His deep voice was laced with a fake whiny tone of surprise, as if wrongly accused.

Catching on to the demon's overly innocent statement of denial, Jimin focused his sharp glare on the taller man threateningly, "I swear if you did something inappropriate, Birdy, I'll personally rip your wings off."