Chapter 29 • The Moon's friend

Eunha wasn't sure if Taehyung had talked to Jimin like promised, but at least he seemed less angry around the elf. The snarky comments and useless bickering had stopped. He'd even apologized for being rude when all Jimin had done was save his life. Everyone was pretty shocked to hear those words leave the demon's mouth, especially Jimin who couldn't help but gawk at the younger. It had ended in Taehyung pushing his jaw close with a roll of the eyes, before casually walking away as if that just hadn't happened.

Hoseok claimed that Eunha was some kind of oh so wise people-reader or relationship therapist when all she did was listen to them. The angel was easily impressed.

Four days had passed since then in which nothing much had happened other than the fact that with half more day they would be at their final destination. The closer they had gotten to her brother's hide-out, the more nervous Eunha felt. The whole purpose of this journey was to save her mother and now that she was almost finished, ready to battle, she was scared. Not necessarily for the fight itself since it was her brother she had to face, though that as well increased her nerves slightly. It was more the question mark that was her future.

If you had asked her about this moment a couple of weeks ago she would have answered that all she had to do was get her mum to safety and then go back home, live life peacefully with her family, like she'd always had. Now there was no more family waiting for her at home. She had no idea what her future would be like and that was terrifying.

"Anyone want s'mores?" Jin's random question awakened the girl from her trail of thoughts, her glazed over eyes that had been staring at the dancing flames of the campfire now focusing on the prince's handsome face.

"S'mores?"

"S'mores." Jin showed the girl the ingredients, the biscuits, the chocolate and of course the deliciously squishy soft marshmallows.

"Don't you know what s'mores are?" Jungkook questioned, his mouth already stuffed with one of the warm treats. He was sitting on Eunha's left, next to the pile of twigs and wood so that he could occasionally add something to the big fire in the middle of their little circle. Their thighs were touching as well as their shoulders (more like Eunha's shoulder was touching Jungkook's upper arm because of their height difference), but she didn't really mind. It was cozy.

"Of course I know what s'mores are. It's just, where did he get those ingredients?" A grin spread on Jungkook's face at her question, his eyes sparkling with amusement as he raised his eyebrows twice.

"What does that even mean?" Jungkook only grinned at her, not answering her question so she turned to look at Jin

"How did you get the ingredients?"
Jin as well decided to ignore her question, instead throwing her a charming wink and returning to the marshmallow he was currently roasting.

"How did you get the ingredients?"Jin as well decided to ignore her question, instead throwing her a charming wink and returning to the marshmallow he was currently roasting