CHAPTER 8

SHAWN'S POV
As Camila dragged us out of the dance hall, I was wondering what she's gonna ask me. I actually noticed she was shaking and stuttering. What has gotten into her? I hope she's good because I don't like to know she's feeling bad and insecure. As soon as we were outside, I grabbed her wrists and slammed her against my chest since she was walking straight in front of me, holding my hand. Now we were facing each other. She started to breath heavily as I did too, looking down at her. The tension were just growing second by second. Shit. Control yourself Shawn. We were so close. Just like the rehearsal earlier. I just want to kiss her senselessly right now.                 
"Oh. Camila. I didn't meant to make you feel uncomfatable or something. I'm sorry." I apologized, pulling away from her. She quickly shook her head. "No. No. No. It's okay Shawn. Whatever.. huh..well..." She paused once again. I cupped her cheeks in my hands as she leaned against them, screwing her eyes shut. I could feel she was less nervous and more relaxed.
"Listen. Mila. Breath. Everything is okay." Her eyes were still closed. "Hey, ba-  Camila. Look at me. Please." I said to her softly. I was actually about to kill myself for almost calling her baby. Control this tongue of yours, man. She began to slowly open her eyes and looked onto mine, deeply. We made our way towards a bench who was just near to us. We sat down and I waited for her to speak up. She then took a deep breath and said, "Do you remember the night you came over at mine, when I told you about the break-up with Matthew?" She finally managed to say. Wait. Why is she mentioning it just now. It's been a few months ago.
"Yes, I do ?" It sounded like a question but I clearly do remember about that night. When I saw her crying pratically her heart out. Just for that kind of fuckboy named Matthew. Only the mention of his name makes me go crazy.
"Well.. that's mean you also do remember when you slept over at mine?" She asked me again. Why the hell is she asking all that stuff. Strange.
"Yeah, I do. Mila. What's the matter?" I questioned her because I was getting kinda impatient to know why all those questions.
"Okay.. there's the thing. We slept together." I raised my eyebrows. "Not the way you're thinking. Muffin you." She laughed. Finally. She's laughing. My god. I would do everything to see that smile on her lips.
"Yeah.." I slighly chuckled and scratched the back of my neck. "Whatever.. I just wanted to tell you that.. huh.. I hope it didn't.. break apart our friendship." She said, making eye contact with me and then continued, "I mean, sleeping in the same bed as her bestriend. It was wrong from me. I'm sorry Shawn." She finished, looking down. I took in all she said. First of all, I'm the only who dragged her onto the bed. Second of all, why is she apologizing. She does not have anything to be sorry for.
I softly caressed her hand and said, "Hey, Camila. Listen. You have nothing to apologize for. Okay? It didn't break our friendship, at least for me. It's my fault, actually." I lifted up her chin so she can look at me. "No it's mine." She defended. This girl. If she's completely starting to argue with me, I will shut her up just by kissing her, hard. Shawn, slow down. I can't do this but I wish.
"Camila. Don't try this. It's okay. Let's just forget about that." I grinned, running my finger upon her cheeks. She grinned as well and suddenly hugged me. Too tightly that I was about to fall off the bench. "Oops. Sorry Shawnie boy." She chuckled. "I'm good." I smiled.
"Thank you, for being so nice with me. I love you." She said but if only this 'I love you' was meant the way I wanted it to. My dream will become true.
"Anything for you. I love you too Camila."

"Hey!! Guys!! Hurry up!! We are all waiting for you!!" Sara shouted, walking towards us.  "What does it took you so long?" She asked. Camila and I looked up at her and the stood up. "Nothing." I immediately responded before she ask more questions. "Mhmm" She hummed. "Okay! Whatever! Move those asses of yours and come join us!" "Yeah. Go ahead. We're coming!" Camila exclaimed. "Coming for yaaaa!" Sara sang, winking at us and while walking away. "You better be back ! Faster!" She shouted one more time and then she disappeared into the dance hall.

"Well, I guess we surely have to go before she's getting mad at us." Camila laughed and started to walk away while I stood there, looking at her. She noticed I no longer was behind her. She turned around and gave me the 'are you just gonna keep stand there' look. I still didn't move though.
"Shawn? You coming?" She asked me, confused. I quickly walked to her and grabbed her waist, slamming her against my chest, one more time. "Camila." I whispered, as I spread hot breath in her face. 
"Shawn."