Chapter 5

Onika pov
Four days later
Royal Club

"Okay girls, this will be the last time we go over this. Next person to fuck up will be talking to me."

I stood in the three lines with the other girls as Beyoncé went on fussing about our practice.

I was not interested in being a dancer in any form or fashion. I didn't have a option either because this was Beyoncé's say.

We've been here since 4:30 a.m, and I'm almost certain it was late in the afternoon.

"Five, six, seven, eight." Beyonce called out causing the music to begin.

We all began to move to the music trying not to let our exhaustion show.

Bey believes that everything she does has to be perfect, and right now we all had to be perfect or we couldn't leave.

Most people would give you breaks, but Bey only gave us three breaks today and she had us doing the most.

I've never been able to do a split in my life, up until bey put me in the position and pushed me to touch the floor literally. I'm not the dancing type either unless you count the "Hokey Pokey" back when I was in kindergarten.

My body has been moved and twisted into so many positions, I'm almost certain the stage could charge me for sexual assault.

As the music cut off, the last little bit of strength I had left in my legs disappeared. I dropped to the floor in pure pain.

I looked up through the sweat pouring down my face to see Bey looking at me with her arms crossed and a blank expression.

I averted my eyes to Candi, a dancer I met on one of our few breaks.

She seemed like a cool person, and she was young just like me. She didn't seem at all like the type of person who would even be here, because she was sweet and quiet just like me.

"Okay, that's a wrap for today. Y'all can go, but be ready for 7 a.m practice tomorrow. If your late you can wrap it up." Bey said as she walked over to her assistant.

Candi came over to me and bent down to my level looking at my legs.

"You good?"

I nodded in response as I tried to get up off the floor. Candi gave me a hand as I finally got to my feet.

My legs were like jello, and I was not uses to this at all.

"Dang Nicki, your walking like you've never moved this much." Candi joked.

"That's because I don't Candi, dancing is not for everyone."

"Well why would you even sign up for this?"

I stared at Candi as she stopped in her tracks. Even though I was craving for some friend attention, I didn't know how much I could trust her or anyone here.

I was still with that psycho woman, and I didn't know who worked for Bey and who didn't. I didn't need anyone dying because of my big mouth.

"I thought it was something worth trying, you know like a great weight loss type of thing." I smiled up at her.

You could tell she didn't buy my story by the face she made, but she shrugged it off as we continued off the stage.

"You know, We should hang out one day. I may not know a lot about Houston, but I'm sure we could find a great spot to chill at."

I honestly didn't know what to say. I couldn't just straight up tell her yes, I would have to run that by Bey, but I didn't wanna tell her no either.