Chapter 6

December 2nd
Queens, New York
Roberts pov

"Robert you may have been a lot of things in life, but this is just wrong and disgusting. How could you do your family like that?"

I stared at the side of Mathews head as I continued to make my body look like I had been jumped.

"Mathew you've been my friend since we were teens just coming up, you know what it feels like to be free." I said ripping parts of my shirt.

Mathew shook his head as he watched me work.

I was going to make it look like I was jumped so Carol wouldn't get suspicious when I all of a sudden show up at her doorstep.

A few hours after that bitch took my daughter last month, I was able to leave but I didn't go home to Carol. I had been staying with my girlfriend and our child.

I'm sure Beyoncé knew about my other family, but I guess her father wouldn't let her go that far.

Mathew was upset with me about stealing from his daughter, but I guess he saw that I got what I deserved so he let it go.

"So how do you think Carol will react when you finally showing up weeks later, but her daughter is no where to be found?" Mathew questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders as I got ready to punch myself in the mouth.

If I was going to sell it I might as well go all the way.

After making sure I had looked the part, I said my goodbyes to Mathew even though he didn't agree with my plan.

Mathew wasn't a snitch, so I wasn't worried about him saying anything to anyone.

I had to walk all the way back to Carols house which was a good forty minutes, but I wasn't complaining that gave me time to get my story together.

I was hurt that Onika was gone, but maybe it was time for everyone to have a fresh start.

Carol could marry someone else and adopt, since she's too old to carry again.

I could go live with my second family that didn't get to see me that often, plus I still had one daughter left that was hitting her teen years.

And Onika could stay with Beyoncé and live a life I could never give her.

I went up to the door after I reached the house, and I banged on it.

Moments later the door swung open and I threw myself into the house.

I made it seem like I was being followed so I hurried and closed the door.

"Robert?" That all to familiar voice croaked out.

"Yes Carol it's me, I managed to escape but I feared I was being followed."

Carol ran into my arms as tears streamed down her face. I hugged her tight letting a few tears of my own fall.

After she recollected her self she grabbed my hand, and lead me to the couch in the living room.

"Robert there's something I need to talk to you about." She said wiping a tear away.

I raised a eyebrow up in curiosity waiting on her to finish. I already knew what she was going to say, I just didn't want her to know I knew what happened and how it happened.

"It's about Onika."

"Onika, what happened to Onika? Wait where is she at?" I started to stand up, but Carol pulled me back down quickly.