Chapter Forty-Two: Sucked Into a Vortex of Past Tears

Start from the beginning

Grandma just stares at me in pity. "There has only been one other person who could do what you can, child." She tells me, and I look at her knowingly.

"It was you wasn't it?"

She nods and stares at me for a second before turning away and swearing under her breath.

"Necromancy." She breathes, making me look up at her.

"I can bring people back from the dead grandma. That's not normal." I sneer at myself. Helga Hufflepuff tsks under her breath and then looks at me.

"I can help you control the visions, but I'm clueless about bringing people back from the dead." I give her a deadpanned look.

"Isn't everyone!?"

She shrugs and decides to refill our teacups with sizzling tea. She waves her wand, and the cup floats towards me. I pluck it from the air and sigh. "Most people don't know anything about Necromancy. That's the worst magic one can use. You can't get darker magic than Necromancy." She mutters, taking a sip from her cup.

I copy her, and the warm tea soothes the inner torment of raging emotions in my head. My trembling hands steady, and I can breathe easily. She'd put something in my tea. The sneak. "Seriously, grandma!?" I demand, making a smirk pull up at the corner of her lips. She gives a hearty laugh in response.

It causes a smile to be drawn on my face.

"Only you can find out the full range of your powers, Val. Don't be expecting me to give you all the answers now. Where's the fun in that?" She gives me a wink, making me scowl.

"Oh, yes. Because finding out everything, I can about Necromancy is so high up on my damn to-do list. Let's just put that after -oh, I don't know- saving the damn world." I demand, and my grandma snorts.

"Don't act like a whiny brat. This task was given to you, and you agreed. You dug your own grave, Valentine. Stop acting like it's everyone else's fault when it's yours." She scolds me. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah, it was my fault you're right. It was my fault I grew up without a family. It was my fault I was abandoned as a baby. My fault for wanting my family back and being manipulated by Dumbledore. Thank you so much for being the comfort I needed in my dark world, grandmother." I scowl, making her eyes narrow.

Shit.

I barely dodge a shoe thrown at my head.

"You NEED to stop doing that!!!" I screech, and she throws her other shoe at me.

"OW!" I shriek, rubbing my head where the shoe had hit.

"Don't take that tone with me, young lady." She orders and scowls at me. "Where did you hide that goblet of mine? Somewhere Voldemort won't find it I'm hoping?" She demands and I nod my head, still pouting.

"It's hidden and safe."

It was stuck inside one of the trees in the Forbidden Forest, using my spell of moving through inanimate objects.

No one would ever find it unless they cut the damn tree down and opened it up, but by then, I would've saved the world or died. Either way, the goblet would be useless by then.

"Good. Now give me your hand, young one. I want you to do a reading."

I blink in surprise.

"Grandma no offence or anything....but you know you're dead, right?" I say tentatively, and she gives me a no really dumbarse look.

"You'll be trying to see the past, you stupid girl." She rolls her eyes fondly and then moves to sit beside me, her brown robes dangling behind her like nobility.